This tutorial demonstrates how to upgrade HDF from version 3.0.0 to 126.96.36.199 via the Ambari-managed Express Upgrade.
Note: Additional documentation for HDF 188.8.131.52 upgrade can be found here.
This tutorial was tested using the following environment and components:
This tutorial assumes your HDF cluster is in a healthy state and that all
preqrequisites for Ambari upgrade have been met.
1. Select "Manage Ambari" from the Admin tab:
2. Select "Versions" from the Clusters section:
3. Select the "Register Version" button:
4. Select "HDF-3.0" from the listed versions:
5. Enter the proper extension in the Name field, "HDF-184.108.40.206". Remove any OS's that are not relevant for your cluster. For your OS, add the proper HDF-220.127.116.11 base URL. For my CentOS7 enviro, it was: http://public-repo-1.hortonworks.com/HDF/centos7/3.x/updates/18.104.22.168/tars/hdf_ambari_mp/hdf-ambari-m... which was found in the
22.214.171.124 Release Notes.
6. Select "Save". HDF-126.96.36.199 is now registered but not yet installed.
7. Select "Install on ".
8. The versions being managed are displayed.
9. Select the "Install" button for HDF-188.8.131.52.
10. Select "OK" to confirm installation.
11. Allow for some install processing:
12. Then select "Upgrade":
13. You will be presented with two options: Rolling Upgrade and Express Upgrade. Rolling Upgrade is not selectable.
14. Express Upgrade may have some Checks to resolve. In my environment, there were 2 Required and 1 Warning:
15. Follow the instructions to resolve the required checks. The "Proceed" button can now be selected:
16. When prompted to confirm, select "Yes" to proceed with the upgrade:
17. The upgrade process begins:
18. The upgrade pauses to confirm whether you are ready to finalize the upgrade. When ready, select "Finalize".
19. The upgrade completes.