Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

piggybank

Expert Contributor

Hey guys,

does cloudera packs piggy UDF into the CDH? I tried to find in the distribution anything called piggybank, but was not succesfull.

Can somebody advice me how to add the piggybank UDFs into the existing pig installation in CDH?

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/PiggyBank

Thanks.

Tomas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I found the piggybank.jar in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/pig/.

The problem was in fact that when I called register piggybank, the grunt shell gave me this exception:

grunt> REGISTER piggybank.jar 2015-02-19 12:38:49,841 [main] INFO org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.deprecation - fs.default.name is deprecated. Instead, use fs.defaultFS
2015-02-19 12:38:49,849 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 101: file 'piggybank.jar' does not exist.

after changing the directory into the lib path the register worked well..

or use:

REGISTER /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/pig/piggybank.jar

Tomas

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Expert Contributor

I found the piggybank.jar in /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/pig/.

The problem was in fact that when I called register piggybank, the grunt shell gave me this exception:

grunt> REGISTER piggybank.jar 2015-02-19 12:38:49,841 [main] INFO org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.deprecation - fs.default.name is deprecated. Instead, use fs.defaultFS
2015-02-19 12:38:49,849 [main] ERROR org.apache.pig.tools.grunt.Grunt - ERROR 101: file 'piggybank.jar' does not exist.

after changing the directory into the lib path the register worked well..

or use:

REGISTER /opt/cloudera/parcels/CDH/lib/pig/piggybank.jar

Tomas