What's New @ Cloudera

Find the latest Cloudera product news
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Enhancements to the create-database command

Rising Star
  • The Cloudera Operational Database CDP CLI adds a new option --custom-instance-types to the create-database command. Using this option, you can define custom instance types; however, the instance types must be included in the allowlist by the Operational Database.

Currently, the allowlist is not accessible, however, the following are the new custom instance types supported by the Operational Database.

AWS, HEAVY, HDFS:

Worker: m6i.4xlarge, m7i.4xlarge
Master: m6i.8xlarge, m7i.8xlarge
Compute/edge/leader: m6i.2xlarge, m7i.2xlarge
Gateway: r6i.8xlarge, r7i.8xlarge

AWS, LIGHT, HDFS:

Worker: m6i.4xlarge, m7i.4xlarge
Compute/edge/leader/gateway: m6i.2xlarge, m7i.2xlarge
Master: m6i.4xlarge, m7i.4xlarge

The following is a sample output of the create-database command highlighting the usage of the --custom-instance-types option.

cdp opdb create-database
--environment-name cod_env
--database-name cod_db
--custom-instance-types masterType=m7i.4xlarge,workerType=m7i.4xlarge,leaderType=m7i.2xlarge,gatewayType=m7i.2xlarge
--storage-type=HDFS
--scale-type LIGHT

• The --storage-type option is now optional. If you do not define the --storage-type option, the Operational Database considers the default storage type.

The default storage type is blob storage. If the ephemeral storage is enabled, the Operational Database considers the storage type CLOUD_WITH_EPHEMERAL; otherwise, CLOUD is considered.

For more information, see CDP CLI documentation.

This is available starting in COD v1.45 and you do not need to upgrade to a higher version of COD to benefit from this feature.

Try the Cloudera Operational Database for free with Test Drive (no cloud account or setup is needed).