Intros and Suggestions
Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Highlighted

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF: Please Reply here to tell us about you!

Hi All, I'm Surya. I'm from development and support background. I started my career with Visual basic and classic ASP programming and then moved to Rapid development using Power Builder tool. Then worked on .NET 1.1 through 4.5 Until 2012. With the change in software market needs, I learnt Microsoft Azure, Linux, Weblogic and WebSphere Administration and Hadoop 1.x.

Out of the new skills, I found hadoop is more interesting with the features of commodity hardware, distributed computing etc. and choose that as new career path.

Presently I'm working as Hadoop Technical Consultant @ Teradata India. 

Highlighted

Master Collaborator
Great to have you join our community Surya, I think you've made a great
choice in a new career path. I made the leap to Hadoop and big data myself
almost 5 years ago and it's been the best move of my career. I wish you
all the best, I'm sure you'll find your peers in the community more than
helpful along the way.
Highlighted

New Contributor

Last 15 years , I been Working on Microsoft Products as Databse Developer and Data Architect. Currently due to changing Technology Trend and Growth in Data, my interest started moving towards hadoop. .I became 

more excited about the  hadoop architecture .

When i am not working , Myself and my wife work on our Yard. we Love our Garden . Like to Travel .

you can find me here on linkedin

Highlighted

Hi everyone, My name is Hanzala Shaikh. I have 5+ years of experience in core IT which includes projects on Big Data Hadoop platform specialization on Cloudera EDH in AWS cloud. Worked on Multi-Cloud Environment on AWS/GCP. My expertise is in Hadoop Administration and managing production-grade cluster on AWS Cloud. I have worked on multiple projects in the healthcare domain on a secured cluster. I have good exposure to Cloudera and Hortonworks distribution as I have worked on both platforms. Now, I am here to contribute my knowledge to the community in the best possible way as I can and also to gain some more knowledge and get my queries answered.

Highlighted

Visitor

Hi Hanzala Shaikh,

Thank you so much for joining here!! You are mostly welcome to this community.

Your knowledge will be very very useful for all of us.

Thank you so much again!!

Could you please help me regarding some queries about AWS if you have some time.

My contact number is 9502799722 (India)

Thanks and Regards,

Saroj

Highlighted

New Contributor

To introduce myself, I have been a Java developer for the past 15 years or so and have been mostly working on web applications across domains like healthcare, logistics etc. I am now gradually shifting my focus to Data Science. Looking forward to gaining knowledge from this community of experts.

In terms of hobbies, I love reading and going for long walks.

Highlighted

To Introduce Myself:

This is Mehul Desai - Executive Director at GainInsights driving Sales
Globally.
We are a Solution and Service provider for Data Related Value
proposition to our customers. I have 25+ years IT experience all thought
out sales and worked with organization like Wipro, BusinessObjects, SAP,
Qlik and SAS.
Highlighted

Visitor

I am a software engineering student at the IIT (International Institute of Technology , North-American University of Sfax,Tunisia) .

I will graduate in June 2016 (hopefully) . 

Currently , I am studying software engineering and data sciences . Through the intriductory courses , I understood how to manipulate data and extract

optimized predictions to help in making decisions . After studying the data mining course , I felt very passionate about data engineering and decided
to pursue my career as a big data software engineer .

That' s why I joined the Cloudera community to learn about Hadoop  big data using my favourite programming language : JAVA .

I like swimming , playing card games , playing soccer computer games and watching comedy films .

You can find me on LinkedIn .

Highlighted

Community Manager

Welcome to the community BigDev and best of luck with your studies. :)

Cy Jervis, Community Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:
Community Guidelines
How to use the forum
Highlighted

Master Collaborator
Welcome! Thanks for joining our community!
Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here