Intros and Suggestions

Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Job offer from Cloudera - boost product marketing by pressing buttons on website ... is this real?

New Contributor

Hi, I have been contacted by Cloudera for a job where I sign up for training and then press buttons on a screen to leave positive reviews for various products.  The screen is this:

336291856_1547329832455558_7100154782154863334_n.jpg

I have been invited to a WhatsApp group but whenever I ask for details to verify that this is a real job the people get very defensive.  I was called paranoid and aggressive because I asked for linkedIn profiles or GlassDoor reviews etc.   I have also been told by my contact that all of the income is tax free and the original person who contacted me has since deleted their Telegram account.

Can anyone confirm whether this is a real job, please? 

4 REPLIES 4

Community Manager

@TheSteve I see several red flags based on your description of your interactions. If you check Cloudera's Careers page there is a section on security and privacy of our candidates with more information about our recruiting practices. 

Cloudera Recruiters will:  

• Never ask you to engage in conversations that are not over the phone, email or linkedIn

• Only use @cloudera.com email accounts

• Never ask you about your age, gender, religion

• Never ask you to submit over email any identifying information including social security numbers, drivers license passport numbers or credit card numbers

• Never send a contract or job offer without first having an interview with Cloudera HR
  • Never request from you a payment or deposit of any kind

If you have received recruiting communications that appear suspicious, please forward the suspicious emails to security@cloudera.com

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

None of it is over email.  Only Telegram the account of which has now been deleted and WhatsApp.

Do you have anyone named Chen Lin working there for the past 4 months or a manager named Jacky who has been there for a year?

Is this screen shot from your system?

image0.jpeg

Community Manager

Your best course of action is to stop interacting and email security@cloudera.com as they would be the source of truth here. 

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

Thanks, will do