Intros and Suggestions

Introduce yourself to the community, provide feedback or participate in off topic discussions
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

"Ask a Question" button disappeared

Expert Contributor

I tried logging out and then logging back in several times but could not find the button to ask a question. Does this happen to anyone else?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Expert Contributor

The "Ask a Question" button is back. I am not sure what happened yesterday when all buttons and links above the "Welcome to the Cloudera Community" banner weregone.

View solution in original post

Community Manager

I am happy to see you sorted this out. The community has a responsive design so it adjusts based on the size of the window it is in. At a certain point the menu items collapse into a pull down on the upper left side of the page like you would see on a mobile device. Click on the three bars and the pull down appears, select community and then "ask a question is at the bottom of the list. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 4.57.51 PM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

The "Ask a Question" button is back. I am not sure what happened yesterday when all buttons and links above the "Welcome to the Cloudera Community" banner weregone.

Expert Contributor

Finally, I am able to reproduce the problem. It is caused by the monitor display. The problem only occurs on my laptop, which has less screen real estate.

Community Manager

I am happy to see you sorted this out. The community has a responsive design so it adjusts based on the size of the window it is in. At a certain point the menu items collapse into a pull down on the upper left side of the page like you would see on a mobile device. Click on the three bars and the pull down appears, select community and then "ask a question is at the bottom of the list. 

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 4.57.51 PM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.