Dear CDH and Cloudera Manager users,
We are pleased to announce the release of Cloudera Enterprise 5.1.3.
Cloudera Enterprise 5.1.3
This release is focused on fixing key bugs and includes the following.
- CDH Fixes
- HADOOP-11035 - distcp on mr1(branch-1) fails with NPE using a short relative source path.
- HBASE-11349 - [Thrift] support authentication/impersonation
- HBASE-11446 - Reduce the frequency of RNG calls in SecureWALCellCodec#EncryptedKvEncoder
- HBASE-11457 - Increment HFile block encoding IVs accounting for ciper's internal use
- HBASE-11474 - [Thrift2] support authentication/impersonation
- HBASE-11565 - Stale connection could stay for a while
- HBASE-11627 - RegionSplitter's rollingSplit terminated with "/ by zero", and the _balancedSplit file was not deleted properly
- HBASE-11788 - hbase is not deleting the cell when a Put with a KeyValue, KeyValue.Type.Delete is submitted
- HBASE-11828 - callers of SeverName.valueOf should use equals and not ==
- HDFS-4257 - The ReplaceDatanodeOnFailure policies could have a forgiving option
- HDFS-6776 - Using distcp to copy data between insecure and secure cluster via webdhfs doesn't work
- HDFS-6908 - incorrect snapshot directory diff generated by snapshot deletion
- HUE-2247 - [Impala] Support pass-through LDAP authentication
- HUE-2273 - [desktop] Blacklisting apps with existing document will break home page
- HUE-2295 - [librdbms] External oracle DB connection is broken due to a typo
- HUE-2318 - [desktop] Documents shared with write group permissions are not editable
- HIVE-5087 - Rename npath UDF to matchpath
- HIVE-6820 - HiveServer(2) ignores HIVE_OPTS
- HIVE-7635 - Query having same aggregate functions but different case throws IndexOutOfBoundsException
- IMPALA-958 - Excessively long query plan serialization time in FE when querying huge tables
- IMPALA-1091 - Improve TScanRangeLocation struct and associated code
- OOZIE-1989 - NPE during a rerun with forks
- YARN-1458 - FairScheduler: Zero weight can lead to livelock
- Cloudera Manager
- Adding and upgrading hosts allows users to skip installing default JDK that ships with Cloudera Manager.
- Improved speed and heap usage when deleting hosts on cluster with long history.
- When there are multiple clusters, each cluster's topology files and validation for legal topology is limited to hosts in that cluster. Most commands will now fail up front if the cluster's topology is invalid.
- For users using Oracle databases, the size of the statement cache has been reduced, to help with memory consumption.
- Improvements to memory usage of "cluster diagnostics collection" for large clusters.
- Cloudera Navigator
- HBase auditing initialization failure can prevent region opening indefinitely.
We look forward to you trying it out using the information below:
As always, we are happy to hear your feedback. Please send your comments and suggestions to the user group or through our community forums. You can also file bugs through our external jira projects on issues.cloudera.org.