Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

1/1 local-dirs are bad: /yarn/nm; 1/1 log-dirs are bad: /yarn/container-logs

im trying to start nodemanager but im getting below error

1/1 local-dirs are bad: /yarn/nm; 1/1 log-dirs are bad: /yarn/container-logs

how to resolve this issues.

6 REPLIES 6

Super Guru
@kishore sanchina

What is the storage utilization on these disks? See how much is available and then check yarn.nodemanager.disk-health-checker.max-disk-utilization-per-disk-percentage to make sure the available disk space is more than this threshold.

Rising Star

Could you please check if you have the local and log folder under the yarn folder? if not lets add these folders and give them yarn:hadoop access and restart NM to see if that fixes the issue.

Rising Star

I do have both the folders under yarn. Can you please suggest any other work around?

@kishore sanchina If you are seeing this error , you are running out of free disk space. Increasing yarn.nodemanager.disk-health-checker.max-disk-utilization-per-disk-percentage will help in resolving your issue but it is highly recommended to clean up the disk and restart the NM to avoid further disk related issues.

Contributor

If I delete this folders under "/usr/hadoop/yarn/local" manually, will it impact the service?

Rising Star

I am also facing the same issue. I have checked disk space, its having enough free space. What could be the other reasons for this error please suggest.