Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

2 hosts not running master services

Super Collaborator

I managed to bring up my cluster with minimum services , adding components now . When adding "hbase" I am seeing this msg on the console (please see the pic below).

how can I find which services are not running and on which hosts ?

17476-capture.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Guru

On this screen, hosts that does not have any master services are not shown. That message may be a little confusing, it just means that there are 2 more nodes on this cluster where no Master Services are installed

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Guru

On this screen, hosts that does not have any master services are not shown. That message may be a little confusing, it just means that there are 2 more nodes on this cluster where no Master Services are installed

Super Guru

That is simply telling you that you have two nodes not running HBase "master" services (those in charge of coordinating cluster operations). HBase only allows one active master at a time, but you can have multiple running in hot-standby.

Since you only have 3 nodes, it is completely expected that you would only have one node running HBase master services. You should just proceed with your installation.

Guru

Hi @Sami Ahmad

Normally, master services can be spread across the master nodes to ensure proper resource allocation depending on the cluster. If you have two datanodes/worker nodes that you do not want to run master services on, then, no problem, just allocate the host you want and move on to the next step.

In Ambari, you click on the Hosts tab to see what services are installed on what host, but, you may need to go through them host by host.