Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

AIX ODBC Drivers for Hive?

Contributor

We would like our ETL team to access hive, Our ETL team uses IBM AIX servers to run datastage.

Does Hortonworks provide ODBC driver for AIX? Will any of the Linux/Suse drivers work on AIX?

These are the only provided ones that I can find.

http://hortonworks.com/downloads/#data-platform

7719-screen-shot-2016-09-15-at-84705-am.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

HI @Ron Buckley,

Driver above are the ones which Hortonworks distribute and support. As AIX not is binary compatible with Linux any of the above drivers will not work with AIX.

If you can get the source code you can compile it for AIX using the AIX Linux affinity libraries which according to IBM makes AIX Linux source code compatible.

I also found Download ODBC connectors which is commercial AIX Hive ODBC driver from Progress Data Direct.

/Best regards, Mats

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

HI @Ron Buckley,

Driver above are the ones which Hortonworks distribute and support. As AIX not is binary compatible with Linux any of the above drivers will not work with AIX.

If you can get the source code you can compile it for AIX using the AIX Linux affinity libraries which according to IBM makes AIX Linux source code compatible.

I also found Download ODBC connectors which is commercial AIX Hive ODBC driver from Progress Data Direct.

/Best regards, Mats

New Contributor

Hi @Ron Buckley,

The drivers that Hortonworks distributes are made by Simba, and Hortonworks only distributes some of the platforms that are supported by the driver. AIX is supported by the same driver you already use, and you can obtain this driver from Simba directly, although note that we don't distribute this via our website. You can contact us at "solutions @ simba.com" and we'd be happy to help you out.

Cheers,

Kyle