Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

AMBARI : WORKFLOW MANAGER : Can't initialize data store for view

Rising Star

hi all,

I'm use AMBARI 2.5.0.3 with HDP 2.4, I'm trying a workflow and I'm running this issue, any idea ?

06 Apr 2017 16:23:46,806 ERROR [ambari-client-thread-4351] ContainerResponse:537 - Mapped exception to response: 500 (Internal Server Error)
org.apache.oozie.ambari.view.exception.WfmWebException

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.ambari.view.PersistenceException: Can't initialize data store for view WORKFLOW_MANAGER{1.0.0}.WORKFLOW_MANAGER
        at org.apache.oozie.ambari.view.workflowmanager.WorkflowsRepo.getWorkflowByPath(WorkflowsRepo.java:66)
        at org.apache.oozie.ambari.view.workflowmanager.WorkflowManagerService.saveWorkflow(WorkflowManagerService.java:56)
        at org.apache.oozie.ambari.view.OozieProxyImpersonator.submitJob(OozieProxyImpersonator.java:205)
        ... 97 more
Caused by: org.apache.ambari.view.PersistenceException: Can't initialize data store for view WORKFLOW_MANAGER{1.0.0}.WORKFLOW_MANAGER
        at org.apache.ambari.server.view.persistence.DataStoreImpl.throwPersistenceException(DataStoreImpl.java:657)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.view.persistence.DataStoreImpl.checkInitialize(DataStoreImpl.java:272)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.view.persistence.DataStoreImpl.findAll(DataStoreImpl.java:223)
        at org.apache.oozie.ambari.view.workflowmanager.WorkflowsRepo.getWorkflowByPath(WorkflowsRepo.java:50)
        ... 99 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: No types provided
        at org.eclipse.persistence.dynamic.DynamicHelper.addTypes(DynamicHelper.java:200)
        at org.eclipse.persistence.jpa.dynamic.JPADynamicHelper.addTypes(JPADynamicHelper.java:51)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.view.persistence.DataStoreImpl.configureTypes(DataStoreImpl.java:388)
        at org.apache.ambari.server.view.persistence.DataStoreImpl.checkInitialize(DataStoreImpl.java:268)
        ... 101 more

the cluster is kerberized, ambari-server has a keytab ambari-server.keytab, and the keytab works.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@mayki wogno From error logs, it looks like caused due to known bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-19207 (This issue is faced across different views very intermittently).

In that case as a work around, please create a new workflow manager view instance and check if you are able to submit the workflow.

Another thing which I observed is, you need not have to provide 'WebHDFS authorization' property while creating the views. (This was needed only till ambari-2.2.2)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Rising Star

14483-workflowmanager-error.jpg

i've got this error with workflow manager views

Rising Star

and here my config views

14484-workflowmanager-config.jpg

Super Collaborator

@mayki wogno From error logs, it looks like caused due to known bug https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-19207 (This issue is faced across different views very intermittently).

In that case as a work around, please create a new workflow manager view instance and check if you are able to submit the workflow.

Another thing which I observed is, you need not have to provide 'WebHDFS authorization' property while creating the views. (This was needed only till ambari-2.2.2)

New Contributor

Please follow these steps

This happened as the older Workflow Manager view's folder under work folder is not deleted properly.

@mayki wogno Please follow the following steps.

Step1: Stop Ambari server with command "ambari-server stop"

Step2: Go to the path "/var/lib/ambari-server/resources/views/work" and delete the work folder.

Step3: Now start Ambari with command "ambari-server start"

I hope, this should help you.

Expert Contributor

@vsairam, do you know if the original and the secondary errors mentioned above are both still applicable to WFM in Ambari 2.5.0.3 but with HDP 2.6? I'm guessing they are, but want to confirm. Thanks.

New Contributor

Generally the update from older version to newer version(HDP 2.6) should do this process.

Im not sure of it as i havent tested this scenario.

I will update my findings soon.

But in the successful upgradation case, this error will be handled.