Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

ATS hbase does not seem to start

Expert Contributor

Hello,

I installed a new (not an update) HDP 3.0.1 and seem to have many issues with the timeline server.

1) The first weird thing is that the Yarn tab in ambari keeps showing this error:

ATSv2 HBase Application The HBase application reported a 'STARTED' state. Check took 2.125s

2) The second issue seems to be with oozie. Running a job, it starts but stalls with the following log repeated hundreds of times

2018-11-01 11:15:37,842 INFO [Thread-82] org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher: Waiting for AsyncDispatcher to drain. Thread state is :WAITING

Then with:

2018-11-01 11:15:37,888 ERROR [Job ATS Event Dispatcher] org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler: Exception while publishing configs on JOB_SUBMITTED Event  for the job : job_1541066376053_0066
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.exceptions.YarnException: Failed while publishing entity
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.api.impl.TimelineV2ClientImpl$TimelineEntityDispatcher.dispatchEntities(TimelineV2ClientImpl.java:548)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.client.api.impl.TimelineV2ClientImpl.putEntities(TimelineV2ClientImpl.java:149)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.publishConfigsOnJobSubmittedEvent(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:1254)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.processEventForNewTimelineService(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:1414)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.handleTimelineEvent(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:742)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler.access$1200(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:93)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler$ForwardingEventHandler.handle(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:1795)
	at org.apache.hadoop.mapreduce.jobhistory.JobHistoryEventHandler$ForwardingEventHandler.handle(JobHistoryEventHandler.java:1791)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher.dispatch(AsyncDispatcher.java:197)
	at org.apache.hadoop.yarn.event.AsyncDispatcher$1.run(AsyncDispatcher.java:126)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.sun.jersey.api.client.ClientHandlerException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

3) In hadoop-yarn-timelineserver-${hostname}.log

I see, repeated many times:

2018-11-01 11:32:47,715 WARN timeline.EntityGroupFSTimelineStore (LogInfo.java:doParse(208)) - Error putting entity: dag_1541066376053_0144_2 (TEZ_DAG_ID): 6

4) In hadoop-yarn-timelinereader-${hostname}.log

I see, repeated many times:

Thu Nov 01 11:34:10 CET 2018, RpcRetryingCaller{globalStartTime=1541068444076, pause=1000, maxAttempts=4}, java.net.ConnectException: Call to /192.168.x.x:17020 failed on connection exception: org.apache.hbase.thirdparty.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: /192.168.x.x:17020
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RpcRetryingCallerImpl.callWithRetries(RpcRetryingCallerImpl.java:145)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.ResultBoundedCompletionService$QueueingFuture.run(ResultBoundedCompletionService.java:80)
        ... 3 more
Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: Call to /192.168.x.x:17020 failed on connection exception: org.apache.hbase.thirdparty.io.netty.channel.AbstractChannel$AnnotatedConnectException: Connection refused: /192.168.x.x:17020
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.IPCUtil.wrapException(IPCUtil.java:165)

and indeed, there is nothing listening to port 17020 on 192.168.x.x.

5) I cannot find on any server a process named ats-hbase, this might be the reason for everything else.

The queue set is just yarn_hbase_system_service_queue_name=default, which has no limit which would prevent Hbase to start.

I am sure that something is very wrong here, and any help would be appreciated.

15 REPLIES 15

Expert Contributor

In addition to these steps:

• restart ambari server (we had one instance where it looked like the application was OK but the alert was cached and keep being displayed),
  • check your yarn logs. If there is not enough memory for yarn, the service will not be able to start.

Explorer

Let me clarify, Yarn service does start and everything seems to be working, but this critical alert keeps appearing in the Ambari UI.

New Contributor

Thanks@guillaume_roger   , That worked for me

Contributor

my final solution is install hbase and my the real base as storage for both ats and ambari metrics .error cleared

Explorer

Thanks, based on your feedback, I followed instruction on this page to use main hbase service and alert is gone.

Explorer

Excuse me, how did you solve it?