Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Active Directory Group to Role Mapping CDP 7.1.6

Explorer

Hello,

I am facing a challenge with authentication and authorizing Active Directory users on Cloudera CDP 7.1.6. I followed the steps here to make the necessary configurations (https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.6/security-kerberos-authentication/topics/cm-se...).

The challenge is that I am able to login with AD users but there is no group to role mapping, which results in a blank page for the user.

I checked this other page (https://docs.cloudera.com/cdp-private-cloud-base/7.1.6/managing-clusters/topics/cm-security-authoriz... which handles mapping external authentication to roles. However, it skips Active Directory instructions and mentions only that of external programs and SAML scripts.

Does anyone have an idea of how to map groups from an Active Directory source to Cloudera Roles? or is there some other documentation I should refer to?

Thanks in advance for the support.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

With some help from a colleague, we figured out that all I needed to do was go into Administration > Users & Roles > LDAP/PAM Groups.

There, I clicked on the "Add LDAP/PAM Group Mapping" and added the group I expected to be synced from Active Directory, along with a role assignment. 

CaptainJa_0-1628589033903.png

This was enough to make sure that the user after being authenticated, was able to login in with the right role privileges.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Explorer

With some help from a colleague, we figured out that all I needed to do was go into Administration > Users & Roles > LDAP/PAM Groups.

There, I clicked on the "Add LDAP/PAM Group Mapping" and added the group I expected to be synced from Active Directory, along with a role assignment. 

CaptainJa_0-1628589033903.png

This was enough to make sure that the user after being authenticated, was able to login in with the right role privileges.