Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Adding ranger in CDP

Solved Go to solution

Adding ranger in CDP

New Contributor

Hi,

I am adding ranger in Cloudera runtime(CDP) but i am getting below error while adding ranger service

'db_password' not found in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/1546333400-ranger-RANGER_ADMIN-SetupRangerCommand/install.properties

I have created ranger db, ranger username, mysql password password but still i am getting this error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Adding ranger in CDP

New Contributor

Hi Harsh,

I was able to add ranger in CDP after going through cloudera documentation. I added ranger using Postgres DB, earlier i was trying it using Mysql DB.

So issues is resolved for me.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Master Guru

Can you paste the contents of the all files in the following directory from the Ranger host please?

/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/1546333400-ranger-RANGER_ADMIN-SetupRangerCommand/logs/*

The missing property (db_password) is written by a control script that should log some information to these files and it'll help us determine a cause if we had their contents.

I'm assuming that in your CM - Ranger - Configuration page the value for field 'ranger.jpa.jdbc.password' is set to a valid value.

Also, do you perhaps have an @ (at) character in your password? If yes, could you try a different password without that character? You may be hitting a bug (OPSAPS-53645 is its internal ID, fixed in future releases) that did not support that password character in the original CDP 7.0 release.

Highlighted

New Contributor

Hi Harsh,

I was able to add ranger in CDP after going through cloudera documentation. I added ranger using Postgres DB, earlier i was trying it using Mysql DB.

So issues is resolved for me.

Thanks

View solution in original post

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here