Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Adding ranger in CDP

New Contributor

Hi,

I am adding ranger in Cloudera runtime(CDP) but i am getting below error while adding ranger service

'db_password' not found in /var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/1546333400-ranger-RANGER_ADMIN-SetupRangerCommand/install.properties

I have created ranger db, ranger username, mysql password password but still i am getting this error

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Hi Harsh,

I was able to add ranger in CDP after going through cloudera documentation. I added ranger using Postgres DB, earlier i was trying it using Mysql DB.

So issues is resolved for me.

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Mentor

Can you paste the contents of the all files in the following directory from the Ranger host please?

/var/run/cloudera-scm-agent/process/1546333400-ranger-RANGER_ADMIN-SetupRangerCommand/logs/*

The missing property (db_password) is written by a control script that should log some information to these files and it'll help us determine a cause if we had their contents.

I'm assuming that in your CM - Ranger - Configuration page the value for field 'ranger.jpa.jdbc.password' is set to a valid value.

Also, do you perhaps have an @ (at) character in your password? If yes, could you try a different password without that character? You may be hitting a bug (OPSAPS-53645 is its internal ID, fixed in future releases) that did not support that password character in the original CDP 7.0 release.

New Contributor

Hi Harsh,

I was able to add ranger in CDP after going through cloudera documentation. I added ranger using Postgres DB, earlier i was trying it using Mysql DB.

So issues is resolved for me.

Thanks