Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

After ambari-server setup-security ambari-server start failed

Contributor

After ambari-server setup-security the ambari-server.log is

03 Jan 2017 12:54:26,153 ERROR [main] KerberosChecker:115 - Unable to obtain password from user 03 Jan 2017 12:54:26,154 ERROR [main] AmbariServer:927 - Failed to run the Ambari Server org.apache.ambari.server.AmbariException: Ambari Server Kerberos credentials check failed. Check KDC availability and JAAS configuration in /etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.utilities.KerberosChecker.checkJaasConfiguration(KerberosChecker.java:116) at org.apache.ambari.server.controller.AmbariServer.main(AmbariServer.java:922)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

@Zhao Chaofeng Can you please show the /etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.confconfig.

You have executed setup-security to configure jass for ambari server? Please make sure that you have set complete keytab path while configuring. It should be something like below and verify the keytab and principal by doing kinit

[root@hdp1 conf]# egrep "principal|keytab" /etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf
    keyTab="/etc/security/keytabs/ambari.server.keytab"
    principal="ambari-server-hdp25@RAGHAV.COM"
#kinit -kt /etc/security/keytabs/ambari.server.keytab ambari-server-hdp25

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Super Collaborator

@Zhao Chaofeng Can you please show the /etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.confconfig.

You have executed setup-security to configure jass for ambari server? Please make sure that you have set complete keytab path while configuring. It should be something like below and verify the keytab and principal by doing kinit

[root@hdp1 conf]# egrep "principal|keytab" /etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf
    keyTab="/etc/security/keytabs/ambari.server.keytab"
    principal="ambari-server-hdp25@RAGHAV.COM"
#kinit -kt /etc/security/keytabs/ambari.server.keytab ambari-server-hdp25

Contributor

Oh, I modify /etc/ambari-server/conf/krb5JAASLogin.conf corresponding with yours, and it's ok now. Thank you.

Super Collaborator

Thank you .. Can you please accept the answer if the problem is fixed.

Explorer

Hi All,

I am receiving the same error "Ambari Server Kerberos credentials check failed" when I try to start Ambari server. My settings are same as described above. when I am trying to kinit it is giving error" kinit: Preauthentication failed while getting initial credentials".

Please be informed that we are using Active directory for authentication.

Please let me know what to do.

Thanks