Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

After installing Apache Ambari through EC2 on RHEL7 I am not able to register the hosts with the server.

Contributor

92501-screenshot-55.png

RHEL 7

Amazon EC2 large instance with necessary security check done.

The HDP version is 2.5 and all completion of two steps it fails with the registration of nodes with the server and after uninstalling and again installing back the same error persists. Any help would be appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Shraddha Singh,

can you please confirm if your ambari-server can resolve the hostname of your newly added hosts .

[root@asnaik1 ~]# cat /etc/hosts|grep -i ip-172-31-6-255.us-east-2.compute.internal

if not please add the Hosts and IP's in /etc/hosts to resolve your hostname in tables (like this ) , add this same entries in all other Agent nodes. then retry the installation.

[root@asnaik1 ~]# cat /etc/hosts 
127.0.0.1   localhost 
192.26.168.1 asnaik10.openstacklocal
192.26.168.2 asnaik11.openstacklocal 
192.26.168.3 asnaik19.openstacklocal 

Plase see if this is helpfull

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@Shraddha Singh

Can you first check if those hosts were heart beating to ambari server?

You can go http://ambari-server-host:8080/api/v1/hosts and see if it shows any hosts. If it is not showing then go to ambari agents and check if there is any errors at /var/log/ambari-agent/ambari-agent.log

Contributor
@amarnath reddy pappu

Could you help me to figure out the error in the images below and after 3 days I am not able to see any host while running command http://ambari-server-host:8080/api/v1/hosts.

92531-screenshot-72.png

please open separate thread since this is already closed.

Hi @Shraddha Singh,

can you please confirm if your ambari-server can resolve the hostname of your newly added hosts .

[root@asnaik1 ~]# cat /etc/hosts|grep -i ip-172-31-6-255.us-east-2.compute.internal

if not please add the Hosts and IP's in /etc/hosts to resolve your hostname in tables (like this ) , add this same entries in all other Agent nodes. then retry the installation.

[root@asnaik1 ~]# cat /etc/hosts 
127.0.0.1   localhost 
192.26.168.1 asnaik10.openstacklocal
192.26.168.2 asnaik11.openstacklocal 
192.26.168.3 asnaik19.openstacklocal 

Plase see if this is helpfull

Contributor

Thanks Akhil, that worked for me.