Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari 2.4.0.1 and HDP 2.5 is not able to Test Connection to oozie or Hive metastore

Rising Star

Hi,

good evening,

I started installing Ambari 2.4.0.1 and HDP 2.5 but I am not able to Test connection either for Oozie or Hive.

I am getting the following error

Ambari 2.4.0.1-1 and HDP 2.5 is not able to Test Connection to oozie or Hive metastore

2016-09-01 22:46:22,247 - There was an unknown error while checking database connectivity: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 144, in actionexecute
    db_connection_check_structured_output = self.execute_db_connection_check(config, tmp_dir)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 285, in execute_db_connection_check
    jdbc_url = jdk_location + jdbc_driver_mysql_name
TypeError: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found
2016-09-01 22:46:22,248 - Check db_connection_check was unsuccessful. Exit code: 1. Message: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 506, in <module>
    CheckHost().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 280, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/check_host.py", line 206, in actionexecute
    raise Fail(error_message)
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Check db_connection_check was unsuccessful. Exit code: 1. Message: coercing to Unicode: need string or buffer, NoneType found

Can any one point me in right direction to resolve this issue.

Thank you

Ram

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

I was able to identify my mistake. I forgot one step i.e

ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=mysql --jdbc-driver=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar

Once I executed that command, it started working. The OS is centos 7.2.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks

Ram

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Rising Star

Which Operating System you are installing on? also can you connect to this Database manually? was that an auto-created database or you did the creation on the server?

Rising Star

I was able to identify my mistake. I forgot one step i.e

ambari-server setup --jdbc-db=mysql --jdbc-driver=/usr/share/java/mysql-connector-java.jar

Once I executed that command, it started working. The OS is centos 7.2.

Thank you for your help.

Thanks

Ram