Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari API Question

Solved Go to solution

Ambari API Question

I was wondering - since Ambari manages one cluster - why does the Ambari API require the cluster name? for example: localhost:8080/api/v1/clusters/{clusterName}/hosts

Is this because:

1) The future Ambari will manage more than one cluster at a time?

2) It follows an API standard where it is good practice to ask for the cluster?

Is it 1 or 2 or both or something else?

I'd think localhost:8080/api/v1/cluster/hosts/ makes more sense - because we are only dealing with one cluster at a time per Ambari instance and if the future Ambari manages more than one cluster, I'd do v2 of the api and have localhost:8080/api/v2/clusters/{clusterName}

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Ambari API Question

Guru

The design was to leave space to handle more than one cluster at a time in a single Ambari Server instance.

Maybe Ambari could have a convenient resource /api/v1/cluster (like you mention) that will convert to the [0] cluster automatically? If that makes sense, maybe file that JIRA in Ambari project?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Ambari API Question

Guru

The design was to leave space to handle more than one cluster at a time in a single Ambari Server instance.

Maybe Ambari could have a convenient resource /api/v1/cluster (like you mention) that will convert to the [0] cluster automatically? If that makes sense, maybe file that JIRA in Ambari project?

Don't have an account?
Coming from Hortonworks? Activate your account here