Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Dashboard Logs

Contributor

Hi,

I'm currently working with the Ambari logs and I just wanted to ask does the Ambari Dashboard has its own log (widget's data)? I tried looking in ambari metrics collector and monitor and failed to look so. Can you guys help me on this, thanks in advance.

Actually, I wanted to monitor the status of components present in the dashboard. For instance, for a certain time in the logs, the Ambari Metrics Monitor as shown changed its status from STARTED to INSTALLED. See image below.

5018-capture.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Bruce Perez Hi Bruce. I'm not certain this will answer your question but the widget's data you see is served to Ambari via REST API. All the metrics data is in the collector. Keep in mind Ambari is a framework and what you are seeing the in dashboard is an Ambari View. Its similar to any other view in Ambari. The dashboard is essentially a webpage.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Bruce Perez Hi Bruce. I'm not certain this will answer your question but the widget's data you see is served to Ambari via REST API. All the metrics data is in the collector. Keep in mind Ambari is a framework and what you are seeing the in dashboard is an Ambari View. Its similar to any other view in Ambari. The dashboard is essentially a webpage.

Contributor

@Scott Shaw: Hi Scott, just wanted to know can I possibly access the REST API of Ambari. Is there a way so that I could further conduct analysis with the data thrown in the collector.