Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Ambari HA Blueprint: HOSTGROUP syntax not getting resolved to actual host names

Solved Go to solution

Re: Ambari HA Blueprint: HOSTGROUP syntax not getting resolved to actual host names

New Contributor

@Dhruv Kumar

It looks like you have oozie HA configured incorrectly.

From the ambari server log:

05 Jan 2016 02:13:40,471 ERROR [pool-2-thread-1] TopologyManager:553 - TopologyManager.ConfigureClusterTask: An exception occurred while attempting to process cluster configs and set on cluster: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unable to update configuration property 'oozie.base.url' with topology information. Component 'OOZIE_SERVER' is mapped to an invalid number of hosts '2'.

Looking at the config processor code, it determines whether oozie HA is enabled by looking at the property

oozie-site/oozie.services.ext 

To enable Oozie HA the property must be specified and must contain the following in it's value

org.apache.oozie.service.ZKLocksService

Because HA isn't properly configured, configuration processing fails because for non-HA environments, OOZIE_SERVER can only be mapped to a single host.

For Ambari Blueprint HA support please refer to:

Ambari Blueprint HA support

Highlighted

Re: Ambari HA Blueprint: HOSTGROUP syntax not getting resolved to actual host names

New Contributor

Ah, thanks. Let me try it and see if it works.

Rising Star

The comment from jspeidel is correct.

If Oozie HA is being used in this Blueprint, then "oozie.base.url" must be set explicitly to the address of the loadbalancer being used, since Oozie HA requires a separate loadbalancer that is external to each Oozie instance.

If you are just testing out your Blueprint, then you can just set this property to be the address of one or the other Oozie instances in your cluster.

Here's a great reference on Oozie HA, that will be helpful in setting up an Oozie HA Blueprint:

https://oozie.apache.org/docs/4.1.0/AG_Install.html#High_Availability_HA

New Contributor
@rnettleton

Yes, John's solution worked. Thanks a lot for your help!

New Contributor

@jspeidel

Thanks John, your solution worked. I was indeed missing the Oozie HA property.

New Contributor

I don't have Oozie HA and I've got the problem also. All hostgroups are failing to be substituted. I'm using an external Postgresql 9.2 database, are their known issues with this?