Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Hive View Problem

Expert Contributor

Dear All,

whenever I launch the hive view I get the following error:

----------------
H060 Unable to open Hive session: org.apache.thrift.protocol.TProtocolException: Required field 'serverProtocolVersion' is unset! Struct:TOpenSessionResp(status:TStatus(statusCode:ERROR_STATUS, infoMessages:[*org.apache.hive.service.cli.HiveSQLException:Failed to open new session: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157:13:12, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.SessionManager:openSession:SessionManager.java:266, org.apache.hive.service.cli.CLIService:openSessionWithImpersonation:CLIService.java:202, org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService:getSessionHandle:ThriftCLIService.java:402, org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.ThriftCLIService:OpenSession:ThriftCLIService.java:297, org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$OpenSession:getResult:TCLIService.java:1253, org.apache.hive.service.cli.thrift.TCLIService$Processor$OpenSession:getResult:TCLIService.java:1238, org.apache.thrift.ProcessFunction:process:ProcessFunction.java:39, org.apache.thrift.TBaseProcessor:process:TBaseProcessor.java:39, org.apache.hive.service.auth.TSetIpAddressProcessor:process:TSetIpAddressProcessor.java:56, org.apache.thrift.server.TThreadPoolServer$WorkerProcess:run:TThreadPoolServer.java:285, java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor:runWorker:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142, java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker:run:ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617, java.lang.Thread:run:Thread.java:745, *java.lang.RuntimeException:java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157:21:8, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:83, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:access$000:HiveSessionProxy.java:36, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy$1:run:HiveSessionProxy.java:63, java.security.AccessController:doPrivileged:AccessController.java:-2, javax.security.auth.Subject:doAs:Subject.java:422, org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation:doAs:UserGroupInformation.java:1657, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:59, com.sun.proxy.$Proxy20:open::-1, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.SessionManager:openSession:SessionManager.java:258, *java.lang.RuntimeException:org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157:26:5, org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState:start:SessionState.java:494, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionImpl:open:HiveSessionImpl.java:137, sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor11:invoke::-1, sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl:invoke:DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43, java.lang.reflect.Method:invoke:Method.java:497, org.apache.hive.service.cli.session.HiveSessionProxy:invoke:HiveSessionProxy.java:78, *org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157:45:19, org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client:call:Client.java:1427, org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client:call:Client.java:1358, org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker:invoke:ProtobufRpcEngine.java:229, com.sun.proxy.$Proxy15:getFileInfo::-1, org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB:getFileInfo:ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:771, sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor7:invoke::-1, sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl:invoke:DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43, java.lang.reflect.Method:invoke:Method.java:497, org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler:invokeMethod:RetryInvocationHandler.java:252, org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler:invoke:RetryInvocationHandler.java:104, com.sun.proxy.$Proxy16:getFileInfo::-1, org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient:getFileInfo:DFSClient.java:2116, org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$22:doCall:DistributedFileSystem.java:1315, org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem$22:doCall:DistributedFileSystem.java:1311, org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystemLinkResolver:resolve:FileSystemLinkResolver.java:81, org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DistributedFileSystem:getFileStatus:DistributedFileSystem.java:1311, org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem:exists:FileSystem.java:1424, org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState:createRootHDFSDir:SessionState.java:568, org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState:createSessionDirs:SessionState.java:526, org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.session.SessionState:start:SessionState.java:480], errorCode:0, errorMessage:Failed to open new session: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157), serverProtocolVersion:null)

-----------------------

I have the following proxy users in custom core-site:

hadoop.proxyuser.hcat.groups = *

hadoop.proxyuser.hcat.hosts = *hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.groups = *hadoop.proxyuser.hdfs.hosts = *hadoop.proxyuser.hive.groups = *hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts = *hadoop.proxyuser.root.groups = *hadoop.proxyuser.root.hosts = *Also I granted permission to use the Hive View to "admin" in Ambari.What am I missing?Any support is appreciated!br,Rainer
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@Rainer Geissendoerfer

Please see this guide http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/_setup_HDFS_pr...

Problem is with "Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157:13:12"

You have to recheck the settings.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Master Mentor
@Rainer Geissendoerfer

Please see this guide http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.0.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/_setup_HDFS_pr...

Problem is with "Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 10.0.202.157:13:12"

You have to recheck the settings.

Expert Contributor

Thanks Neeraj, that worked.

If I am now creating a table in hive, it has the owner "admin" and group "hdfs" on hdfs.

As what I understand, my Ambari-Server is initialized by user "root" and group "root"

What are the mechanics behind this user transfer and how can I manipulate it e.g. if want to have another owner/group than "admin/hdfs" on hdfs for my freshly created table?

best regards,

Rainer

Master Mentor

@Rainer Geissendoerfer If this answer helped then please accept it to close the thread.

Now, 2nd part of the question

You can always create user directories and change directory ownership on hdfs

Ambari servers installation and creating hive tables is sepearate.

Master Mentor

@Rainer Geissendoerfer

To fix this, SSH into your HDP instance VM and edit: /etc/hadoop/conf/core-site.xml and change the following config to add “localhost”. Save and restart the relevant services or just reboot your HDP VM instances.

<property>

<name>hadoop.proxyuser.hive.hosts</name>

<value>sandbox.hortonworks.com,127.0.0.1,localhost</value>

</property>

core-site.xml

New Contributor

... like this? ...

<property>

<name>sandbox.hortonworks.com,127.0.0.1,localhost</name>

<value>*</value>

</property>

.. because I tried this, re-started and Hive error below persists... (I have stopped re-started the service several times too)

H060 Unable to open Hive session: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

Contributor

I am working Ambari on AWS , getting same error even after making all config changes.

Expert Contributor

Hello all,

I am having a similar issue here. Everything was working fine on HIVE until I have installed HBase and Ambari Metrics services. I performed pretty much all the changes proposed on this post and the documentation and still getting the error below:

Any ideias here appreciated!

H060 Unable to open Hive session: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.HiveClientException: H060 Unable to open Hive session: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.HiveClientException: H060 Unable to open Hive session: org.apache.thrift.transport.TTransportException: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.Connection$2.body(Connection.java:488)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.Connection$2.body(Connection.java:475)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.HiveCall.call(HiveCall.java:101)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.Connection.openSession(Connection.java:475)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.Connection.getOrCreateSessionByTag(Connection.java:523)
	at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.resources.browser.HiveBrowserService.databases(HiveBrowserService.java:87)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:497)

Contributor

I made all above changes . Still getting same errors. Appreciate any hints for fixing.

Contributor

@Neeraj Sabharwal

As I mentioned, I made all config changes and restarted services... getting below with beeline coomand

!connect jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 hive Connecting to jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000

Enter password for jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000: ****

Error: Failed to open new session: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(org.apache.hadoop.security.authorize.AuthorizationException): Unauthorized connection for super-user: hive from IP 172.31.62.232 (state=,code=0) 1: jdbc:hive2://localhost:10000 (closed)>