Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Infra backup

Contributor

I'm using Ambari-Infra for auditing of Ranger instance inside of my HDP cluster. I understand that adding multiple Ambari infra servers through Ambari will provide me a certain level redundancy, scalability, and backup of my SolrCloud instance.

What I'm trying to determine is there a recommended way of backing up the core data from the Solr instance?

Since it's using SolrCloud should I develop my backup procedure based off of documentation from: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Making+and+Restoring+Backups

Looking through the above doc it looks like I could create a snapshot and then save that snapshot offline somewhere. Would that be the best practice for the Ambari Infra instance or is Ambari handling backups of that data some other way?

Thanks for you input everyone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ambari is currently not managing the backup of Ambari Infra. You will need to use the mechanism describe in the article to backup your environment. It seems that the backup API - let you write directly to HDFS

<backup>
  <repository name="hdfs" class="org.apache.solr.core.backup.repository.HdfsBackupRepository" default="false">
    <str name="location">${solr.hdfs.default.backup.path}</str>
    <str name="solr.hdfs.home">${solr.hdfs.home:}</str>
    <str name="solr.hdfs.confdir">${solr.hdfs.confdir:}</str>
  </repository>
</backup>

If you automate the steps - feel free to share them back 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ambari is currently not managing the backup of Ambari Infra. You will need to use the mechanism describe in the article to backup your environment. It seems that the backup API - let you write directly to HDFS

<backup>
  <repository name="hdfs" class="org.apache.solr.core.backup.repository.HdfsBackupRepository" default="false">
    <str name="location">${solr.hdfs.default.backup.path}</str>
    <str name="solr.hdfs.home">${solr.hdfs.home:}</str>
    <str name="solr.hdfs.confdir">${solr.hdfs.confdir:}</str>
  </repository>
</backup>

If you automate the steps - feel free to share them back 🙂