Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Install of HDP 2.4 Continually Failing

Rising Star

I am upgrading from HDP 2.3.4.0-3485 to HDP 2.4 and Ambari is able to install all of the HDP 2.4 packages on every node in our cluster except for the node running Ambari. It fails when it trys to "yum install apache-maven-3.2*"

I have tried replacing repositories, deleting HDP repositories and letting Ambari reload them in from the base urls, but it never seems to want to work. I also tried manually doing the yum install and still to no such avail. Stderr is located below, from what I can see it looks like that package doesn't even exist within that repository.

I am wondering if anyone else has run into a similar problem or if someone has seen this and been able to overcome this roadblock. Any help is appreciated or if someone could point me in the right direction I would also be extremely grateful! Thank you in advance.

2016-03-03 15:45:31,408 - Package Manager failed to install packages. Error: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install '--disablerepo=HDP-*' --enablerepo=HDP-2.4.0.0-169,HDP-UTILS-2.4.0.0-169 'apache-maven-3.2*'' returned 1. Error: Nothing to do

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/install_packages.py", line 376, in install_packages
    skip_repos=[self.REPO_FILE_NAME_PREFIX + "*"] if OSCheck.is_redhat_family() else [])
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/base.py", line 154, in __init__
    self.env.run()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 158, in run
    self.run_action(resource, action)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/environment.py", line 121, in run_action
    provider_action()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/__init__.py", line 49, in action_install
    self.install_package(package_name, self.resource.use_repos, self.resource.skip_repos)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/providers/package/yumrpm.py", line 49, in install_package
    shell.checked_call(cmd, sudo=True, logoutput=self.get_logoutput())
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 70, in inner
    result = function(command, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 92, in checked_call
    tries=tries, try_sleep=try_sleep)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 140, in _call_wrapper
    result = _call(command, **kwargs_copy)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/core/shell.py", line 291, in _call
    raise Fail(err_msg)
Fail: Execution of '/usr/bin/yum -d 0 -e 0 -y install '--disablerepo=HDP-*' --enablerepo=HDP-2.4.0.0-169,HDP-UTILS-2.4.0.0-169 'apache-maven-3.2*'' returned 1. Error: Nothing to do
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/install_packages.py", line 497, in <module>
    InstallPackages().execute()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/resource_management/libraries/script/script.py", line 219, in execute
    method(env)
  File "/var/lib/ambari-agent/cache/custom_actions/scripts/install_packages.py", line 163, in actionexecute
    raise Fail("Failed to distribute repositories/install packages")
resource_management.core.exceptions.Fail: Failed to distribute repositories/install packages
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

The problem ended up being the Ambari NiFi service instance, I used the Ambari API to delete the service from Ambari and reinstalled the packages and everything worked as planned. Thank you for all your help.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

Rising Star

The problem ended up being the Ambari NiFi service instance, I used the Ambari API to delete the service from Ambari and reinstalled the packages and everything worked as planned. Thank you for all your help.