Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari Metrics Collector DB Metadata

Master Guru

Where can I find information on Ambari Metrics Collector DB Metadata? I understand the metrics are stored on hbase using phoenix. I would like to know more about the tables, metadata, and connection info. Where can I find this information?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

Hi @Sunile Manjee, all the configurations of AMS hbase are in /etc/ams-hbase/conf/ on ambari metrics collector node. You can also view and change that in Ambari Metrics -> Configs -> 'Advanced ams-hbase-env' / 'Advanced ams-hbase-site'.

The best way to check AMS metadata info is to execute the following line on ambari metrics collector node:

# hbase --config /etc/ams-hbase/conf/ shell

Then use 'list', 'desc' or other useful commands to view the metadata you need.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Rising Star

Hi @Sunile Manjee, all the configurations of AMS hbase are in /etc/ams-hbase/conf/ on ambari metrics collector node. You can also view and change that in Ambari Metrics -> Configs -> 'Advanced ams-hbase-env' / 'Advanced ams-hbase-site'.

The best way to check AMS metadata info is to execute the following line on ambari metrics collector node:

# hbase --config /etc/ams-hbase/conf/ shell

Then use 'list', 'desc' or other useful commands to view the metadata you need.

Guru

If you have a live cluster, you can take a look at the catalog from Phoenix. You can either query the SYSTEM.CATALOG table, or use !tables, etc kind of commands to check the catalog.

Super Collaborator

We have basic stuff documented on the wiki:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/AMBARI/Metrics