Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari UI not loading

Explorer

Hello Community,

I'm happy to join this community. I have an issue that Ambari UI not loading every day on some certain period and then after I had to restart "Ambari-server" service and only then users are able to login to Ambari UI.

Anyone knows how I should investigate the issue and find out the real cause of the problem.

Is there any permanent solution of the issue? 

Grateful for any suggestion and support. 

Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7

Community Manager

@AbuSaiyeda Welcome to the Cloudera Community!

To help you get the best possible solution, I have tagged our Ambari experts @Atahar and @Scharan  who may be able to assist you further.

Please keep us updated on your post, and we hope you find a satisfactory solution to your query.

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Explorer

Hi @DianaTorres ,
I don't see any support from this community. it wouldbe nice to get expert's views.

Thanks

Community Manager

@AbuSaiyeda  As this is a peer to peer community, sometimes receiving an answer takes time.
In the meantime, while we wait, you can browse through the recommendations shown at the right side of the screen, starting here How to fix Ambari UI not loading

Thanks

Regards,

Diana Torres,
Community Moderator

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.
Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Master Mentor

@AbuSaiyeda 
According to the excerpt you've shared it looks memory-related.  Can you share your cluster configurations?
The memory settings should match the recommended settings in Ambari Server heap size

Most probably your AMBARI_JVM_ARGS variable should be set to  -Xmx4GB -Xmn2GB appropriate for 100 to 800 hosts.
Share your Ambari-server logs  that can give insights to whats could be the probable cause

Geoffrey 

Explorer

Thanks for the feedback. I will look for that. 

Master Mentor

@AbuSaiyeda 
can you do the following and revert if you still get issues

Backup the ambari server properties file

Spoiler
cp /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties.ORIG

# Change the timeout of the ambari server

Spoiler
echo 'server.startup.web.timeout=120' >> /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
echo 'server.jdbc.connection-pool.acquisition-size=5' >> /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
echo 'server.jdbc.connection-pool.max-age=0' >> /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
echo 'server.jdbc.connection-pool.max-idle-time=14400' >> /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
echo 'server.jdbc.connection-pool.max-idle-time-excess=0' >> /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties
echo 'server.jdbc.connection-pool.idle-test-interval=7200' >> /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties

Restart Ambari and monitor ,please let me know if you need further help  

Explorer

Thanks for the advise. I will try that