Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari is not connecting to the right DB

Expert Contributor

I am trying to install a new cluster and in the process i configured ambari to talk to a remote mysql db running on a different machine in the cluster. However when I try to start the ambari, it is failing to start because it is trying to connect to the local db which doesnt exisits. I checked ambari.properties file to see if i have the correct hostname for the remote mysql db. The properties file looks fine.

Is there any other place i need to check to see if it has the correct remote db hostname configured? Please advise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
@rbalam

You are mixing couple of things here.

1) Cleanup https://community.hortonworks.com/content/idea/138/cleanup-scripts-to-remove-old-hdp-bits.html

2) ambari-server setup looks fine...as per the screenshot

whats the exact issue now?

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24

Master Mentor

@rbalam your Ambari installation looks good exit code 0 ,but am puzzled . can you copy and paste in here your mysql setup for ambari steps?

Expert Contributor

@Geoffrey Shelton Okot

please see the attached screen shot of my MySQL setup for ambari

set-up.png

Expert Contributor

i created the db using

SOURCE /tmp/Ambari-DDL-MySQL-CREATE.sql on the remote mySQL DB but I didnt install mysql-connector-java using yum because that server doesnt have internet connectivity. So I copied the

mysql-connector-java-5.1.17.jar file from another cluster which is working. I also checked the symlink to see if it is pointing to the right mysql jar ..

I dont have mysql client on the local ambari host to test the connectivity but i was able to check the connection on the port 3066

FALBDCDQ0001V:~#nc -tz FALBDCDQ0007V 3306 Connection to FALBDCDQ0007V 3306 port [tcp/mysql] succeeded!

Master Mentor

@rbalam just FYI, mysql-connector-java-5.1.17 is old, we recommend using at least 5.1.29, even better if higher.

Master Mentor

@rbalam so do you have the mysql-connector-java on the Ambari server ? If not copy it please.