Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari metrics display issue

Contributor

I have a HDP 2.3 cluster with 9 nodes: 1 management node, 2 master nodes, and 6 slave nodes.

The Ambari dashboard shows the metrics (cpu usage, disk usage, etc.) from the management and master nodes. The metrics from the slave nodes are not displayed (metrics service may not be installed or inaccessible). I have checked and the metrics monitor service is installed, running, and sending messages to the collector. Ntp is also running.

So why am I not seeing those metrics?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor
11 REPLIES 11

Master Mentor

Contributor
@Neeraj Sabharwal Yes we use FQDN and local repositories. So proxy server should not be an issue because the cluster has no Internet access. Also, all the nodes are set up identically so why do metrics from 3 hosts show and 6 don't? Thanks.

Master Mentor
@Rahul Tikekar

please check your SELinux and firewall settings.

Master Mentor

@Rahul Tikekar are you still having issues? Please accept the best answer or provide your own solution.

Contributor
I am not using a proxy server. The strange part is that the metrics from the edge node and two master servers are displayed but those from the data nodes are not.

Master Mentor

@Rahul Tikekar check firewall on those nodes and whether metrics monitors are up.

Contributor
The firewall on all the nodes is off. The metrics monitors are running on all nodes (I can even see the log file where the emitter.py is contacting the metrics collector).

Master Mentor

@Rahul Tikekar please review the ambari metrics user guide for troubleshooting tips. More troubleshooting on the wiki.

Master Mentor

@Rahul Tikekar

Try restarting your NTP servers !

syncing-multiple-servers.pdf