Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Ambari not loading changes to alerts.json

Explorer
I am building am mpack for a service I would like to install in Ambari. The mpack installed properly but the alerts are not accurate. I tried to modify the alerts.json several times to fix the issue but Ambari keeps using the original version of the alerts.json. I restarted Ambari server several times but nothing worked.
How would I force Ambari to use the newly modified alerts.json
Best,
Theyaa.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

The alerts.json files are only used to seed alert definitions initially. After an alert definition has been created in the system, modification of that alert must be done through the REST API.

See: https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/alert-definitions.md#create

You can delete the alert definition as well. This will cause the alerts.json to be read in again on Ambari Server restart.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Super Collaborator

The alerts.json files are only used to seed alert definitions initially. After an alert definition has been created in the system, modification of that alert must be done through the REST API.

See: https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/ambari-server/docs/api/v1/alert-definitions.md#create

You can delete the alert definition as well. This will cause the alerts.json to be read in again on Ambari Server restart.

Explorer

Thank you @Jonathan Hurley. this worked!

; ;