Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari not working on edge servers

New Contributor

I'm not able to start/stop/restart services on edge servers (operations timeout). even tried to delete on of them from ambari but also not able to add it again since it hangs on the validation after registering the host as below. and error logs showing 23 Jun 2017 00:56:43,060 INFO [ambari-action-scheduler] ActionScheduler:838 - Removing command from queue, host=edge02001, commandId=261-0 23 Jun 2017 00:56:44,111 WARN [ambari-action-scheduler] ActionScheduler:811 - Host: edge02001, role: check_host, actionId: 261-0 expired and will be failed I'm using HDP 2.6

16567-1.png

Your fast help is really appriciated !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Thanks for your help already solved, the problem was I don't see errors to know from where I should start.

Finally, the solution was, deleting the node from ambari then from the database hosts, hoststatus tables. then adding them again and all works fine without even loosing data 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Please add the error that you see while starting the service.

Super Guru
@Mohammad Hamdan

Can you check if you have DB inconsistency ? You can try restarting ambari-server and see if it gives any warning/error with DB inconsistency.

Super Guru

Also try same with other browser, just to make sure its not browser specific issue.

New Contributor

it was giving warnings

New Contributor

Thanks for your help already solved, the problem was I don't see errors to know from where I should start.

Finally, the solution was, deleting the node from ambari then from the database hosts, hoststatus tables. then adding them again and all works fine without even loosing data 🙂