Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari rebuild

New Contributor

Hi,

My Ambari server is offline (ambari.properties file is empty/virgin - don't ask 😞 ) but my cluster is functional, that is, HDFS is fine and so on. My Question is this, can I rebuild my Ambari server and "import" the running HDP cluster or do I have to start from scratch?

Thanks,

john

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@jhoward 

1. How was the "/etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties" file got deleted?
2. Do you have a backup of this file "amabri.properties" to use?

3. Ambari stores all the cluster informations inside it's Database.   So if your Database is not dropped (lost), you can try using a dummy "ambari.properties" of same version from any of your other working cluster by just changing the JDBC settings to point to your correct ambari DB host/port and with DB credentials.

The DB settings for ambari can be found from following command (in any of working ambari cluster) and then you can try to place those properties with correct Database values in your problematic ambari 

# grep 'jdbc' /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Mentor

@jhoward 

1. How was the "/etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties" file got deleted?
2. Do you have a backup of this file "amabri.properties" to use?

3. Ambari stores all the cluster informations inside it's Database.   So if your Database is not dropped (lost), you can try using a dummy "ambari.properties" of same version from any of your other working cluster by just changing the JDBC settings to point to your correct ambari DB host/port and with DB credentials.

The DB settings for ambari can be found from following command (in any of working ambari cluster) and then you can try to place those properties with correct Database values in your problematic ambari 

# grep 'jdbc' /etc/ambari-server/conf/ambari.properties

New Contributor

Thankfully the database was intact so this worked