Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Ambari server LDAP Setup 403

Contributor

Hi,

I am pretty much new to setting up LDAP with Ambari server. So I wanted to understand where the details entered during LDAP setup are stored/cached. Whenever I try to do ambari-server setup-LDAP, I am getting the following error.

Fetching LDAP configuration from DB.ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1.
REASON: Error while fetching LDAP configuration. Error details: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Here I am not sure what exactly DB means. So please help me in understanding what happens in background when I try to do LDAP setup or sync. I am trying to connect to an AD hosted in a remote machine.

8 REPLIES 8

Master Guru

@Magudeswaran There might be an issue with bind user password try resetting that. What Ambari version you are using? 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Contributor

Hi @GangWar 

Thank you for the reply. The same creds work from manager node where in issue happens only in edge node.

Ambari server version is Version 2.7.3.0.

Master Guru

@Magudeswaran Interesting can you open this in some other browser and also check the console logs in web developer tool and what it says. 

Cheers!
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Contributor

@GangWar Do you mean login to ambari web using the ambari administrator id?

Login to Ambari web UI also works properly. But during setup-ldap command it prompts for ambari admin user and password.

After which the following error comes.

Enter Ambari Admin password:

Fetching LDAP configuration from DB.ERROR: Exiting with exit code 1.
REASON: Error while fetching LDAP configuration. Error details: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden

Is it trying to connect to MySQL/MariaDB to validate admin creds?
Is it due to webserver limitations in MariaDB host I am getting 403?

Please share your thoughts over this.

Master Guru

@Magudeswaran Yes, in that case you have to check that the credentials you are providing is correct. 

Look at Ambari server logs, so that you can get more info. 

Cheers!

Contributor

HTTP Error 403 suggests Authorization error. 

When you do ambari-server ldap setup, everything gets stored in the database which your ambari server is using/configured while installation probably postgres or any other whichever you have used.

I would suggest you to check your LDAP configuration which you have used/passed for integrating ambari with ldap. As per above error, there is a issue with authorization while ldap integration. its not with DB but LDAP. LDAP Configuration or bind user would be possible reason for your issue.

Please accept this answer if it helps you resolve your issue and share with the community.

Contributor

Hi @GangWar @AmirMirza 

Thank you for the inputs. Another new observation is the issue occurs when ambari-server is connecting to MariaDB as there were two different databases. When the database value is changed authentication works and is able to sync data from LDAP.

Contributor

Hi @Magudeswaran 

Ambari server uses appropriate database base connector which is located under /user/share/java/*<databasename>.jar 

This same connector jar is used to connect to any external or internal database. It needs to be mentioned using ambari-server --jdbc * command.

Refer documentation for exact command.

Issue could be due to the connector jar that is configured for ambari to use. For eg. Ambari is configured to use postgres but you are trying to connect to Mariadb and since it doesn't has the proper jar configured, it won't connect and you will face issue.

Let me know if this resolves your issue. Else please share the screen shot and error logs to check further.