Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Annoying popup when I come to Cloudera

Explorer

Hi,

I registered to Cloudera and posted 2 questions earlier. Now whenever I login to Cloudera I get the following annoying popup

our form submission has failed.

This may have been caused by one of the following:

• Your request timed out
  • A plugin/browser extension blocked the submission. If you have an ad blocking plugin please disable it and close this message to reload the page."

I removed all my extensions in Chrome. It still kept coming. Then I uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. No success. I installed Firefox and I get the popup. I don't know what I should do

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Ganesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Explorer

I was able to fix this by removing cookies and getting the popup where I had fill in my details like name phone number. Then it went away

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Explorer

I was able to fix this by removing cookies and getting the popup where I had fill in my details like name phone number. Then it went away

Community Manager

I'm sorry to see you are facing issues @TVGanesh . First I would like to narrow down where you are experiencing the popup. Is this happening when signing into the community using the below button (on the right side of most community pages) or some other means?

Screen Shot 2019-11-15 at 8.53.40 AM.png

Cy Jervis, Manager, Community Program
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Explorer

@cjervis - The popup would occur after I login and go to any Cloudera tutorials. Then it would keep popping every 20 secs. I solved it by deleting the history and going to the tutorials again. Then I saw the popup which required me to put in my details. After that it went away 🙂

Community Manager
Ok, sounds like this is happening on Cloudera.com and not the community. Would you mind sharing a link to one of the affected pages so I can report it to the property team?

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

New Contributor

Hi Cjervis,

I have an account and I am facing this issue even after logging in. Here is the page I am visiting. 

https://www.cloudera.com/tutorials/getting-started-with-hdp-sandbox/3.html

Community Manager

Thank you @VijayDasari I'll let them know