Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Any Link or Documeny for HBASE implementation in cluster

Contributor

Hi All,

Any one can help me in HBASE installation and configuration in cluster environment(I have 10 node cluster with yarn and working properly)?

I spent a lot of time but nothing came out. I tried many salutations which got from google , but unfortunately noting works.

Present situation, All services are running in master and slave but not able to "list" or create table in Hbase.

I guess I am doing something wrong in some where.

Please provide any URL or document for step by step installation process and setup process for HBASE in cluster.

One more point do I need to install/run zookeeper in master and slave node separately for HBASE.?

Any help will be highly appropriated.....

Thanks a lot .....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Check url below for manual step to step installation of HBase, if you missed some configuration during setup...

http://linuxpitstop.com/configure-distributed-hbase-cluster-on-centos-linux-7/

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@biswajit chakroborty,

Best way is to use ambari for HBase installation as it will help you in detecting problems with different components involved in HBase (hdfs,zookeeper, hbase).

To install through ambari:-

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_Installing_HDP_AMB/content/ch_Installing...

Here is the documentation , if you want to manually install hbase from HDP.

https://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/HDP2/HDP-2.3.0/bk_installing_manually_book/content/ch_inst...

bq. One more point do I need to install/run zookeeper in master and slave node separately for HBASE.?

It is not necessary to have zookeeper local to any node of hbase, if you already have a zookeeper cluster for other services , you can re-use it for HBase also.

bq. Present situation, All services are running in master and slave but not able to "list" or create table in Hbase.

You should check zookeeper, hbase master and regionserver logs for any exception.

Contributor

Thanks for your help.

No I do not have zookeeper install in cluster. In that case do I need to install and run zookeeper in all nodes separately?

Sorry I do not have much knowledge on HBASE.

Yes HBase requires zookeeper cluster for coordinating various tasks. You should have one zookeeper cluster(minimum 3 nodes for high availability). You can choose any nodes for running zookeeper. Once your cluster is ready, you need to update zookeeper quorum in configuration.

But I'll still suggest to use ambari which will do installation of zookeeper and configure various component relying on it automatically.

Contributor

Hi Ankit , thanks again ,

Problem is that I can setup in ambari , as we have already a existing setup and we have to submit a POC for one client requirement.

Thanks for your help....

Check url below for manual step to step installation of HBase, if you missed some configuration during setup...

http://linuxpitstop.com/configure-distributed-hbase-cluster-on-centos-linux-7/

Contributor

Hi Mukesh ,

Thanks for you help...

I have configured every thing as per the document now two issues I am facing ....

1) <masterNodeIP>:60100 is not working

2) When I am trying to run List in hbase shell its not working , getting error ....

servererror.txt

Out put of JPS in Master and Slave

Master JPS

hduser@hadoopmaster:/var/hadoop$ jps

3734 ResourceManager

5266 HRegionServer

3377 NameNode

5599 Jps

3591 SecondaryNameNode

5043 HQuorumPeer

hduser@hadoopmaster:/var/hadoop$

Slave JPS

hduser@hadoopslave1:/home/$ jps

3357 HRegionServer

3252 HQuorumPeer

3465 Jps

2711 DataNode

2842 NodeManager

hduser@hadoopslave1:/home/$

I guess JPS output is ok.....

Log file is also attached

hbase-hduser-master-hadoopmaster.txth

base-hduser-regionserver-hadoopmaster.txt

hbase-hduser-zookeeper-hadoopmaster.txt

from Log file it looks like zookepper not able to connect properly. Please note I do not have separate zookeeper installation. For google(

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30940981/zookeeper-error-cannot-open-channel-to-x-at-election-add...

) I found some fix for this error but as I do not have extra zookeeper installation how can I change the setup for zoo.cfg file.

Thanks in advance ....

Any help will he highly appreciated ....

Rising Star

@Biswajit Chakraborty The official Hortonworks documentation for deploying HBase clusters has been spread out in multiple guides, which makes it difficult to find. A refresh of docs.hortonworks.com that will be coming soon with a new release of HDP should correct this problem. For now, you can find some information in these links:

HBase Cluster Capacity and Region Sizing

Add HBase RegionServer

Optimizing HBase I/O

I think you are set with installing HBase. But in case you are not, one way to access the installation steps is to use the links on Using Apache HBase and Apache Phoenix (this information will also be enhanced and moved soon).

Let me know if this helps. Thanks for your patience.