Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Any idea why we are getting RA040 I/O error while trying to enable/Validating hive views?

I enabled hive views with HDP2.3.4 and Ambari2.2.0 but getting below error.

Can you provide me some hints why we are getting this error?

org.apache.ambari.view.utils.ambari.AmbariApiException: RA040 I/O error while requesting Ambari

org.apache.ambari.view.utils.ambari.AmbariApiException: RA040 I/O error while requesting Ambari at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.ambari.AmbariApi.requestClusterAPI(AmbariApi.java:176) at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.ambari.AmbariApi.requestClusterAPI(AmbariApi.java:142) at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.ambari.AmbariApi.getHostsWithComponent(AmbariApi.java:99) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.ConnectionFactory.getHiveHost(ConnectionFactory.java:79) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.ConnectionFactory.create(ConnectionFactory.java:68) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.UserLocalConnection.initialValue(UserLocalConnection.java:42) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.client.UserLocalConnection.initialValue(UserLocalConnection.java:26) at org.apache.ambari.view.utils.UserLocal.get(UserLocal.java:66) at org.apache.ambari.view.hive.resources.browser.HiveBrowserService.databases(HiveBrowserService.java:87) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606) at com.sun.jersey.spi.container.JavaMethodInvokerFactory$1.invoke(JavaMethodInvokerFactory.java:60) at com.sun.jersey.server.impl.model.method.dispatch.AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider$ResponseOutInvoker._dispatch(AbstractResourceMethodDispatchProvider.java:205)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Neeraj Sabharwal I tried your suggestion login into hivecli but didn't work and fixed the issue after followed suggestion in Ambari defect at above link

workaround:

----------------------------

Under Cluster Configuration, I used Custom and entered the needed parameters instead of using Local Ambari Managed Cluster and the RA040 error is gone now.

-------------------------

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Master Mentor

@Divakar Annapureddy Is this a secure cluster? https enabled?

This can happened because of missing certs.

Check permissions at the user level. Please see ambari-server.log under /var/log/ambari-server to collect more information

http://docs.hortonworks.com/HDPDocuments/Ambari-2.2.1.0/bk_ambari_views_guide/content/ch_using_hive_...

@Neeraj Sabharwal my cluster is not secure but we have NN HA

I think this issue is hitting Ambari defect link

Master Mentor

@Divakar Annapureddy What user are you running the view?

See this "We were having the same issue with a user account. I think this happens if the user hasn't invoked hive shell even once. We asked the user that was having this problem to login to hive shell and then try accessing the Hive view through Ambari. As soon as the hive shell was invoked, the error went away. That tells me that something is missing from the user profile which Ambari is looking for if the user hasn't logged into hive shell even once."

@Neeraj Sabharwal I tried your suggestion login into hivecli but didn't work and fixed the issue after followed suggestion in Ambari defect at above link

workaround:

----------------------------

Under Cluster Configuration, I used Custom and entered the needed parameters instead of using Local Ambari Managed Cluster and the RA040 error is gone now.

-------------------------

Can you please let me know the link that you used to resolve this issue? Wanted to understand what configurations need to be changed?

Expert Contributor

I believe this is the link :https://hortonworks.my.salesforce.com/kA2E0000000fxdx?srPos=0&srKp=ka2〈=en_US