Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Airflow can not connect to mssql 2008

Explorer

Hi team,

I update airflow to v2.6.3, and find I can't connect to mssql 2008 by using JDBC.

Following are my setting:

• Docker Desktop:v4.19.0
  • airflow:v2.6.3
  • JAVA:openjdk-11-jdk
  • JDBC Driver:jtds-1.3.1.jar
  • Connection URL:jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://xxx.xxx.xx.xx:1433/xxxx
  • Driver Path:/usr/local/airflow/jars/jtds-1.3.1.jar
  • Driver Class:net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver

airflow mssql connect.png

The connection was failed.

airflow docker mssql connect failed.png 

I wonder why the message show the connection string as below:

jdbc://jdbc:jtds:sqlserver:

why not only

jdbc:jtds:sqlserver:

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hello @mandychen 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. This is an Old Post, yet Wish to convey that Cloudera shall assist with Airflow Issues (Install, Upgrade, Maintenance) dealing with Airflow shipped by Cloudera. Currently, CDE (Cloudera Data Engineering) allows Airflow to be deployed on Public Cloud & Private Cloud with End-To-End Support offered by Cloudera.

Your Post deals with reviewing an Issue with Installing Standalone Airflow, which isn't Supported per-se. Henceforth, our engagement would be Limited. However, the Issue is likely linked with JDBC Parsing as discussed in [1].

If your Team is interested in CDE Airflow, Let us know & we can get in touch with your Team. 

- Smarak

[1] https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/33442 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Super Collaborator

Hello @mandychen 

Thanks for using Cloudera Community. This is an Old Post, yet Wish to convey that Cloudera shall assist with Airflow Issues (Install, Upgrade, Maintenance) dealing with Airflow shipped by Cloudera. Currently, CDE (Cloudera Data Engineering) allows Airflow to be deployed on Public Cloud & Private Cloud with End-To-End Support offered by Cloudera.

Your Post deals with reviewing an Issue with Installing Standalone Airflow, which isn't Supported per-se. Henceforth, our engagement would be Limited. However, the Issue is likely linked with JDBC Parsing as discussed in [1].

If your Team is interested in CDE Airflow, Let us know & we can get in touch with your Team. 

- Smarak

[1] https://github.com/apache/airflow/issues/33442