Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Atlas Started but with Errors and Warnings

Rising Star

I have followed the following link to build and install Apache Atlas

Link: http://atlas.incubator.apache.org/InstallationSteps.html

And selected to install the embedded-hbase-solr profile, but when I started Atlas after installation it is showing me the following errors and warning.

11468-question-apache-atlas-started-with-errors-and-warn.jpg

I have also tried to see which version is running curl -v http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version but it is giving the following:

* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache * Trying 127.0.0.1... * connect to 127.0.0.1 port 21000 failed: Connection refused * Failed to connect to localhost port 21000: Connection refused * Closing connection 0 curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 21000: Connection refused

Kindly let me know how shall I proceed to ensure Altas is working in the correct order. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation.

Kind Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

I think you have to build the server using "mvn clean install -Pdist,<your hbase profile name>", once this is done you need to navigate to the distro/target/ folder and then run the atlas_start.py from there.

HTH

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30

Expert Contributor
@Bilal ArshadCan you please confirm that atlas is running and bind to the correct port, also share the /var/log/atlas/application.log

- netstat -tulnp | grep -i 21000

- ps -ef | grep -i atlas

Rising Star

@Rishi I am not sure if it is running properly since I just got the notification : 'Apache Atlas Server started!!!'.

After that I tried to verify using the following command: curl -v http://localhost:21000/api/atlas/admin/version and it gave showed that connection was refused (* Hostname was NOT found in DNS cache * Trying 127.0.0.1... * connect to 127.0.0.1 port 21000 failed: Connection refused * Failed to connect to localhost port 21000: Connection refused * Closing connection 0 curl: (7) Failed to connect to localhost port 21000: Connection refused)

I tried to run the commands in your reply and that gives me the following (screenshot attached)

11470-netstat.png

Thank you!

Rising Star

@Rishi 'netstat -tulnp | grep -i 21000' command gives the following result:

11797-atlas-status.png

Rising Star
@rishi when I run the commands to ensure that altas is running and bind to the correct port I get the following - screenshot attached

The /var/log/atlas/application.log is in the link here: /var/log/atlas/application.log

12003-rishis-answer.png

Expert Contributor

I think you have to build the server using "mvn clean install -Pdist,<your hbase profile name>", once this is done you need to navigate to the distro/target/ folder and then run the atlas_start.py from there.

HTH

Expert Contributor

* -Pdist,embedded-hbase-solr

Rising Star

@anaik I tried to build the server but it fails on web-application as you can see below:

11523-atlas-web-application.png

11524-failure.png

Expert Contributor

@Bilal Arshad Looks like there are some IT failures on the master branch. Can you add -DskipITs as well to the maven command ?

Rising Star
@anaik

adding the command -DskipITs still gives me the error saying 'too many unapproved licenses'!