Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise

Apache Metron Single Node Installation Issue: Ambari Client Exception

Solved Go to solution
Highlighted

Apache Metron Single Node Installation Issue: Ambari Client Exception

Explorer

Hi,

I'm trying to install Metron on a single node, following the instructions here:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-metron/tree/master/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform

I receive the following error, indicating an issue with Ambari:

fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "invocation": {"module_args": {"blueprint_name": null, "blueprint_var": null, "cluster_name": "metron_cluster", "cluster_state": "started", "configurations": null, "host": "node1", "password": "admin", "port": 8080, "username": "admin", "wait_for_complete": true}, "module_name": "ambari_cluster_state"}, "msg": "Ambari client exception occurred: No JSON object could be decoded"}

Note that Ambari is up and running. I can log into it using a browser.

Here's the output of platform-info.sh:

Metron 0.2.0BETA -- * master -- commit c85c74269327487a5fe607ea85ebc56d3b5650ef Author: cstella <cestella@gmail.com> Date: Mon Sep 26 15:14:53 2016 -0400 METRON-452: Add rudimentary configuration management functions to Stellar closes apache/incubator-metron#269 -- metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform/Vagrantfile | 6 ++++-- 1 file changed, 4 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-) -- ansible 2.0.0.2 config file = <MY_FOLDER>/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform/ansible.cfg configured module search path = ../../extra_modules -- Vagrant 1.8.5 -- Python 2.7.10 -- Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T08:41:47-08:00) Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.3.9/libexec Java version: 1.8.0_73, vendor: Oracle Corporation Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_73.jdk/Contents/Home/jre Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8 OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.10.5", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac" -- Darwin <MY_MAC>.local 14.5.0 Darwin Kernel Version 14.5.0: Mon Aug 29 21:14:16 PDT 2016; root:xnu-2782.50.6~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

It is perhaps unrelated but worth mentioning that I have made the following changes in my Vagrantfile:

1) set the number of cpus to 2 instead of the default 4.

2) set config.ssh.insert_key = false

I appreciate your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Apache Metron Single Node Installation Issue: Ambari Client Exception

Rising Star

Hi,

It seems that the Ambari client gets unhappy when you ask it to start services and they are all started. I have opened METRON-466 to track it.

In the meantime, you should be able to comment out lines 34-42 in metron-deployment/roles/ambari_config/start_hdp.yml to get you going. I hope to have a fix up shortly.

Thanks!

-D...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted

Explorer

I should add that I receive the mentioned error during the following task:

TASK [ambari_config : Start the ambari cluster - wait] *************************

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

Hey HS,

I think this is most likely an issue with master. I am seeing the same error on my box as well.

<node1> ESTABLISH SSH CONNECTION FOR USER: vagrant
<node1> SSH: EXEC ssh -C -q -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null -o IdentitiesOnly=yes -i /Users/asubramanian/Desktop/Metron/incubator-metron-fork/incubator-metron/metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform/.vagrant/machines/node1/virtualbox/private_key -o ControlMaster=auto -o ControlPersist=60s -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -o KbdInteractiveAuthentication=no -o PreferredAuthentications=gssapi-with-mic,gssapi-keyex,hostbased,publickey -o PasswordAuthentication=no -o User=vagrant -o ConnectTimeout=30 -o ControlPath=/Users/asubramanian/.ansible/cp/%h-%p-%r -tt node1 '/bin/sh -c '"'"'sudo -H -S -n -u root /bin/sh -c '"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'echo BECOME-SUCCESS-gavsahqeydndosbmwnmihimsyouqkvhh; LANG=en_US.UTF-8 LC_ALL=en_US.UTF-8 LC_MESSAGES=en_US.UTF-8 /usr/bin/python /home/vagrant/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1474969027.04-192863002921867/ambari_cluster_state; rm -rf "/home/vagrant/.ansible/tmp/ansible-tmp-1474969027.04-192863002921867/" > /dev/null 2>&1'"'"'"'"'"'"'"'"''"'"''
fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "invocation": {"module_args": {"blueprint_name": null, "blueprint_var": null, "cluster_name": "metron_cluster", "cluster_state": "started", "configurations": null, "host": "node1", "password": "admin", "port": 8080, "username": "admin", "wait_for_complete": true}, "module_name": "ambari_cluster_state"}, "msg": "Ambari client exception occurred: No JSON object could be decoded"}

Here's my platform info output:

(testmetron) asubramanian:incubator-metron asubramanian$ metron-deployment/scripts/platform-info.sh
Metron 0.2.0BETA
--
* master
--
commit 3d5f279caea2b9349a05b3a7316ef19e2ca8cb11
Author: cstella <cestella@gmail.com>
Date:   Mon Sep 26 18:00:22 2016 -0400
    METRON-453: Add a stellar shell function to open an external editor and return the editor's contents closes apache/incubator-metron#272
--
 metron-deployment/inventory/metron_example/hosts         | 6 +++---
 metron-deployment/vagrant/full-dev-platform/Vagrantfile  | 1 +
 metron-deployment/vagrant/quick-dev-platform/Vagrantfile | 1 +
 metron-deployment/vagrant/quick-dev-platform/run.sh      | 2 +-
 4 files changed, 6 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)
--
ansible 2.0.0.2
  config file =
  configured module search path = Default w/o overrides
--
Vagrant 1.8.1
--
Python 2.7.10
--
Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-10T22:11:47+05:30)
Maven home: /usr/local/Cellar/maven/3.3.9/libexec
Java version: 1.8.0_91, vendor: Oracle Corporation
Java home: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_91.jdk/Contents/Home/jre
Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
OS name: "mac os x", version: "10.11.6", arch: "x86_64", family: "mac"
--
Darwin asubramanian.local 15.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.6.0: Mon Aug 29 20:21:34 PDT 2016; root:xnu-3248.60.11~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

IMHO this calls for logging a defect.

Note that you can make the following changes to get a verbose output when you run provision.

- Edit the Vagrant file

- Add "ansible.verbose = "vvv"" in the bottom of the file where the other parameters are defined. Something like this:

<snip>
    ansible.inventory_path = "../../inventory/full-dev-platform"
    ansible.verbose = "vvv"
  end
end

Regards,

Anand

Highlighted

Rising Star

Hi,

It seems that the Ambari client gets unhappy when you ask it to start services and they are all started. I have opened METRON-466 to track it.

In the meantime, you should be able to comment out lines 34-42 in metron-deployment/roles/ambari_config/start_hdp.yml to get you going. I hope to have a fix up shortly.

Thanks!

-D...

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Super Collaborator

FWIW I was able to run quick-dev installation without any issues.

Highlighted

Explorer

Thanks for your response. The issue was resolved and Metron is successfully deployed.

Highlighted

Rising Star

Glad to hear it. If you haven't, would you mind accepting the answer that helped?

Thanks!

-D...

Highlighted

I am trying to install metron on ubutnu 16.04 server and receiving following error. any help would be appreciated\. THanks

TASK [ambari_config : Deploy cluster with Ambari; http://node1:8080] *********** fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "value of wait_for_complete must be one of: y,yes,on,1,true,1,True,n,no,off,0,false,0,False, got: True"} to retry, use: --limit @/home/rendev/Downloads/incubator-metron-Metron_0.2.1BETA_rc2/metron-deployment/playbooks/metron_full_install.retry PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************* node1 : ok=31 changed=23 unreachable=0 failed=1 Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.

I am trying to install metron on ubutnu 16.04 server and receiving following error. any help would be appreciated:

TASK [ambari_config : Deploy cluster with Ambari; http://node1:8080] *********** fatal: [node1]: FAILED! => {"changed": false, "failed": true, "msg": "value of wait_for_complete must be one of: y,yes,on,1,true,1,True,n,no,off,0,false,0,False, got: True"} to retry, use: --limit @/home/rendev/Downloads/incubator-metron-Metron_0.2.1BETA_rc2/metron-deployment/playbooks/metron_full_install.retry PLAY RECAP ********************************************************************* node1 : ok=31 changed=23 unreachable=0 failed=1 Ansible failed to complete successfully. Any error output should be visible above. Please fix these errors and try again.