Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Apache Nifi - facebook integration

Expert Contributor

I want to run a use case to capture personal details (status & location) from Facebook using Apache NiFi. Please advice how to capture that information using which processor and example of attributes. Also if we need to capture change in notification of such details - how do we track it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ingesting data from Facebook using NiFi before has been asked before. I'd suggest you start there: https://community.hortonworks.com/questions/43184/how-to-get-facebook-feeds-into-nifi.html

As for detecting change, that is a whole other question/problem. It would require information about where you're eventually putting the Facebook data, how much data you're track, etc. in order to know how to query it to determine if it changed. I'd suggesting asking another question with those details (and any more you can share).

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Expert Contributor

Hi. Any suggestions on this issue. I am waiting to march forward on this use-case

Master Guru

Facebook only let's you see information that you are allowed to see.

You have set your Facebook security settings and your app settings.

You also will only have access to information that users want you to see.

Work it out in the Facebook graph explorer first and then use that API call.

That may be unicode.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3806215/facebook-graph-api-non-english-album-names

Are you using an American English ID or another language that may be stored in unicode due to other characters not in UTF-8?

Characters like these will be unicode encoded in JSON: பதவியேற்ற

Explorer

Hi Timothy,

- I'm facing with this error: "ssl context service invalid because sslcontextservice is disable".

Can you help me ?

Thanks in advance,

11290-nifi-facebook-error.jpg

New Contributor