Support Questions
Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Alert: Welcome to the Unified Cloudera Community. Former HCC members be sure to read and learn how to activate your account here.

Are there NiFi jars built for Java 7?

Solved Go to solution

Are there NiFi jars built for Java 7?

New Contributor

I'm trying to run a Spark streaming app that reads from a NiFi output port (over HTTPS). Spark is running on YARN (HDP 2.4.2) and the nodes have Java 7 installed (and 8 is not an option in the short term). When I build my jar that depends on NiFiReceiver I used the latest version (1.1.2 as of writing) but submitting that jar to spark running on Java 7 results in "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0". That suggests the jars have been built on Java 8. Before I go trying to build these jars myself, do they exist in a 7-compatible version anywhere?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Are there NiFi jars built for Java 7?

The NiFi 0.x baseline uses Java 7. The latest of which is NiFi-0.7.2

3 REPLIES 3

The NiFi 0.x baseline uses Java 7. The latest of which is NiFi-0.7.2

Super Guru

You should stick with the JDK 8 version.

New features require JDK 8. JDK 8 is very old at this point.

The NiFi Spark Receiver itself hasn't needed a true update since before 1.x and the only deps it has is site-to-site[1]. While it would be ideal to upgrade, using the 0.x version of the NiFi Receiver doesn't preclude any blocking features (that I can think of). [1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/3a7ddc6a35f143c1d4a735226fe7467a83d04583/nifi-external/nifi-spar...