Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas Automated Tagging using rules on column data

Rising Star

I am trying to use Atlas to automate tagging and classification of tables' columns using data inside the column and matching it with specific rules.

For example: I would like to have a rule for phone number with the following regular expression: ^(\([0-9]{3}\)|[0-9]{3}-)[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{4}$

This regular expression will be able to match US phone numbers like (555)555-5555

I would like to tell Atlas to classify any column where the data match the above regular expression as private data with tag "Confidential" or "Private".

Does Atlas handle such thing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not natively with current functionality, but you may be interested in a product called DataGuise.

If you rolled your own solution of identifying which entities satisfied such a condition, you could use the Atlas API to associate tags with those entities, please see this HCC answer.

This is a nice Idea to post to HCC.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Not natively with current functionality, but you may be interested in a product called DataGuise.

If you rolled your own solution of identifying which entities satisfied such a condition, you could use the Atlas API to associate tags with those entities, please see this HCC answer.

This is a nice Idea to post to HCC.

Rising Star

Thank you for your answer. I looked at the product you mentioned above and also at another one called waterline data. They are both promising, but I was tying to see if the functionality is already in atlas and require some tweaking to make it work as expected. I believe the REST API works great if I develop some machine learning models to predict column data types and associate tags to them.

How do I post this idea to HCC?

Please accept the above answer if it addressed your question.

Create > Post Idea (create button in upper right toolbar):

12723-screen-shot-2017-02-20-at-20044-pm.png