Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas Linegae diagrams

Expert Contributor

What determines how much lineage will be displayed? I have huge lineage diagrams but it seems atlas randomly chooses to show parts of the tree at different points. Should it not show the entire linage tree if i am at the root data set ?

Also Atlas seems to get stuck when I have a linage diagram that consists of 200+ entities. I see the loading wheel forever.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Expert Contributor

@Arsalan Siddiqi Your observations are accurate. In fact there is one initiative in progress that is to address this. Only that I don't have an ETA on when it will get done.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Expert Contributor

@Arsalan Siddiqi Can you please let us know roughly how much data you have?

Expert Contributor

Hi @Ashutosh Mestry my first question is why doesnt atlas show the entire lineage in one go. Have a look at the attached pictures. They represent a single chain. Notice that the first linage ends at rdd 3 and then I have to open rdd 3 to see what happened further. Can it not display the entire chain at once? what determines how much of the chain will be shown from a given entity ?

screenshot-from-2017-11-09-19-58-36.png

screenshot-from-2017-11-09-19-59-42.png

screenshot-from-2017-11-09-20-00-08.png

Expert Contributor

@Arsalan Siddiqi Your observations are accurate. In fact there is one initiative in progress that is to address this. Only that I don't have an ETA on when it will get done.