Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas Metadata Server Start Failure

New Contributor

I am currently installing a cluster with HDP-2.5 and Ambari 2.4.1.0. After I installed Atlas the Metadata Server would not start correctly. Kafka, HBase and Ambari Infra, etc. are all installed and running.

I added the error messages for debugging. At this point I tried to install Atlas manually ("yum install atlas-metadata_2_5 ...), but it didnt helped. I also tried to start the Server via atlas_start.py which gave me the same exact errmsg.

If anybody could advise me I would be grateful.

output-712.txt

errors-712.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

New Contributor

Ohh boy, this was a wild ride. So I solved this problem, for people who have the same problem, here is my workaround.

The python scripts need your JAVA_HOME to be set. Lets say mine was set at /java/home

In the atlas_config.py, the method jar(path) uses the function os.environ.get(JAVA_HOME, None) to get your JAVA_HOME variable.

As in the example, it was set at /java/home, but the function os.environ.get() was giving me /java/home/jre as my JAVA_HOME variable. I really dont know where os.environ.get() is searching for your envrionment variables, but mine was set globally to /java/home.

Anyway, here is what I added to the second line in the definition of the jar function in the atlas_config.py file:

java_home = "ACUTAL JAVA HOME PATH"

If you know what could have caused the wrong output of os-environ.get feel free to tell me.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

New Contributor

Ohh boy, this was a wild ride. So I solved this problem, for people who have the same problem, here is my workaround.

The python scripts need your JAVA_HOME to be set. Lets say mine was set at /java/home

In the atlas_config.py, the method jar(path) uses the function os.environ.get(JAVA_HOME, None) to get your JAVA_HOME variable.

As in the example, it was set at /java/home, but the function os.environ.get() was giving me /java/home/jre as my JAVA_HOME variable. I really dont know where os.environ.get() is searching for your envrionment variables, but mine was set globally to /java/home.

Anyway, here is what I added to the second line in the definition of the jar function in the atlas_config.py file:

java_home = "ACUTAL JAVA HOME PATH"

If you know what could have caused the wrong output of os-environ.get feel free to tell me.