Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas restart error

Rising Star

I'm trying to restart atlas but I'm getting this error PFA error log12423-erro2.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

HBase is the default datastore for atlas. So, as part of atlas startup script, it sets up required hbase tables to store the metadata.

From the logs, it looks like HBase master is in its initialization phase and is not completely running yet.. I would suggest to wait for the hbase master and region server to come up completely. If it is stuck then try restarting hbase service. You can check the status of hbase services through Ambari. Hope this helps.

ERROR Java::OrgApacheHadoopHbaseIpc::RemoteWithExtrasException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.checkInitialized(HMaster.java:2402)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterRpcServices.getTableNames(MasterRpcServices.java:901)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterProtos$MasterService$2.callBlockingMethod(MasterProtos.java:57172)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2127)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:107)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:133)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:108)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Rising Star

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

HBase is the default datastore for atlas. So, as part of atlas startup script, it sets up required hbase tables to store the metadata.

From the logs, it looks like HBase master is in its initialization phase and is not completely running yet.. I would suggest to wait for the hbase master and region server to come up completely. If it is stuck then try restarting hbase service. You can check the status of hbase services through Ambari. Hope this helps.

ERROR Java::OrgApacheHadoopHbaseIpc::RemoteWithExtrasException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.checkInitialized(HMaster.java:2402)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterRpcServices.getTableNames(MasterRpcServices.java:901)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterProtos$MasterService$2.callBlockingMethod(MasterProtos.java:57172)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2127)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:107)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:133)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:108)

Rising Star

I'm trying to restart HBase services. Services are starting but after some time RegionServer and Hbase Master automatically stops.

Check the logs of hbase master and region servers for any exceptions. zookeeper has to be up & running for hbase to work properly.

Rising Star

Hi ayub zookeeper services are up and running properly I'm getting an error Hbase Master is initializing but when i checked Hbase Master is running but Hbase RegionServer is not running.

Try restarting HBase region servers. If it does not help, please attach logs for master and region servers for further debugging.

Rising Star

I tried restarting Hbase regionserver it started successfully then i tried to restart Atlas then Regionserver automatically Stopped and Atlas failed to start by giving attached errorerror.txt

@Hitesh Rajpurohit Then the problem is with hbase region server. So, could you please attach the region server and hbase master logs for debugging? Actually Atlas is dependent on Hbase for backend store, if hbase fails to comeup, atlas will also fail.

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

The logs you shared does not have any error or exception and it has very minimal information. Could you check the entire hbase logs and see if there is any exception?

Also, I would recommend to ask this as a separate question because this is an Hbase issue, not related to Atlas. That way, more hbase folks would be notified and resolution will be quick. Please close this thread once asked as a different question.