Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Atlas restart error

Rising Star

I'm trying to restart atlas but I'm getting this error PFA error log12423-erro2.txt

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

HBase is the default datastore for atlas. So, as part of atlas startup script, it sets up required hbase tables to store the metadata.

From the logs, it looks like HBase master is in its initialization phase and is not completely running yet.. I would suggest to wait for the hbase master and region server to come up completely. If it is stuck then try restarting hbase service. You can check the status of hbase services through Ambari. Hope this helps.

ERROR Java::OrgApacheHadoopHbaseIpc::RemoteWithExtrasException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.PleaseHoldException: Master is initializing
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.checkInitialized(HMaster.java:2402)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.MasterRpcServices.getTableNames(MasterRpcServices.java:901)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.MasterProtos$MasterService$2.callBlockingMethod(MasterProtos.java:57172)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcServer.call(RpcServer.java:2127)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.CallRunner.run(CallRunner.java:107)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor.consumerLoop(RpcExecutor.java:133)
	at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.RpcExecutor$1.run(RpcExecutor.java:108)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

@Hitesh Rajpurohit

can you please close this thread? as this is not an atlas issue and the actual hbase issue is tracked as a different question?

Rising Star

Hi @Ayub Khan

PFA logs of Hbase Master and Hbase RegionServer.hbase-regionserver.txthbase-master.txt