Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Attempt to add worker scaler node using Cloudera Director UI fails

Rising Star

Background: 

I have a 10 node cluster running CDH version 5.13.0 in AWS which was deployed using Cloudera Director 2.6 client / remote-bootstrap.  The cluster was originally bootstrapped with v5.12.1 but has since been upgrdaded to 5.13.0 using parcels / Cloudera Manager.

Problem:

I tried testing the cluster resize option by adding an instance to our worker-scale role.  A new instance spawns in AWS, but fails to successfully add to the cluster with the error:  Unable to find all requested parcels on the cluster.

Please see my other post related to Clouder Director not reflecting the correct version of my CDH cluster.  Could this mismatch have something to do with the failure to add a node to the cluster?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Rising Star

I found another post which mentioned the Crash console and cluster reconcile.   After performing the steps mentioned in that post, Clouder Director was finally synchronized with my cluster and reported the correct parcel version - afterwhich I was able to deploy addtional worker nodes.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Expert Contributor

Yes, this is most likely a consequence of the other issue. We should try to address that one first.

Rising Star

I found another post which mentioned the Crash console and cluster reconcile.   After performing the steps mentioned in that post, Clouder Director was finally synchronized with my cluster and reported the correct parcel version - afterwhich I was able to deploy addtional worker nodes.