Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Authentication error on accessing Hortonworks Repositories

New Contributor

I am unable to access the ambari and HDP repository.

How I can obtain authentication credentials to access Repository URLs ?
3 REPLIES 3

Hi again, @AI99 

You're probably unable to access the Ambari and HDP repository on Cloudera's site because earlier this year, those assets were moved to a private repository. I've provided a more detailed answer to the rest of your question previously, here:

Re: Hortonworks Repositories can't be accessed

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

New Contributor

We are a small startup and we used to have your public hdp repo linked with our small clusters. 
since the introduction of your new subscription policy We have not been able to access those repos, and we have few concerns because of that . can we scale up the old clusters that we currently have deployed with the same public repo links or will it cause problems?
Another inquiry that i wanted to make was that the current packages that you are offering for the whole clusters and data warehousing are out of our budget (being a new small scale startup), is there any small subscription package that you are offering where we can have access to the previously public hdp repos.

@AI99 Your concerns are well founded. I don't think I can offer any generally applicable advice on whether or not you will, at some unspecified point in the future, be able to scale up any clusters that you currently have deployed with the same public repo links or if you will encounter problems. That depends on how you have said cluster configured and how you set your cluster up to respond to the addition of nodes when you installed it or last updated the configuration.

Because of the aforementioned change in location, you should not assume that a configuration of your cluster which depends upon being able to retrieve any files from Cloudera's repositories without a valid Cloudera subscription will continue to meet your needs.

With regard to your inquiry about the current packages that Cloudera is offering and the pricing for them, your single best approach would be to contact the Cloudera Sales Team to find out more about subscription options.

Bill Brooks, Community Moderator
Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.