Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Automated Start/Stop of a NiFi Processor

Good day. Is there any way to do automation on starting and stopping a NiFi processor at a certain time? Like after 30 minutes it would stop then after 1 minute it would start again.

I've checked the scheduling but I don't know if it is possible to perform a stop on it since what I found is only for starting the processor. I've also researched that it is possible through NiFi's API with programming but might be better if there's a simpler approach that can be accessed through NiFi's Web UI. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Guru

When you start a processor it is considered "scheduled" which means it then executes according to the scheduling strategy. The two scheduling strategies are "Timer Driven" like "Run every 5 mins" or CRON driven which executes according to a CRON expression.

You can also use Timer Driven with a very low Run Schedule like 1 second, and then use the REST API to start and stop the processor when you need to.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Master Guru

When you start a processor it is considered "scheduled" which means it then executes according to the scheduling strategy. The two scheduling strategies are "Timer Driven" like "Run every 5 mins" or CRON driven which executes according to a CRON expression.

You can also use Timer Driven with a very low Run Schedule like 1 second, and then use the REST API to start and stop the processor when you need to.

Seems that I need to get my hands dirty on NiFi's API. Thank you for your response.