Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

Autoterminate relationship and scheduling

Super Collaborator

Hi,

I have a HttpInvoke with auto-terminate relationship on failure, retry, noretry, original

also scheduled to run every 1 hr

if there is a failure will it affect the scheduling? I saw some error messages on the processor, not sure if auto terminate affected the scheduling.

Thanks,

Avijeet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It doesn't affect scheduling, it's a normal (failure) path for your data. When one auto-terminates a relationship it means that a FlowFile which was routed there is dropped and finishes its life in the flow (but still remains for some time in provenance/content repositories for history).

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

It doesn't affect scheduling, it's a normal (failure) path for your data. When one auto-terminates a relationship it means that a FlowFile which was routed there is dropped and finishes its life in the flow (but still remains for some time in provenance/content repositories for history).

Adding on to @Andrew Grande's response. Auto-terminating a relationship does not itself affect scheduling at all. That said, if a FlowFile is routed to certain relationships the processor may yield itself or penalize the FlowFile. For an explanation for "yield" and "penalize" I'd suggest reading the "settings-tab" subsection of the Apache NiFi User guide[1].

For InvokeHttp, when a FlowFile is routed to the failure relationship and the processor is a source processor (no input connections) it will yield itself. If there is an input connection then it will just penalize the FlowFile.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/user-guide.html#settings-tab

Super Collaborator

Hi @jpercivall Thanks for your help, let me read and understand.