Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDH Installation Stuck at Setup Database Test

Contributor

Hello All,

I've installed CM manager 6.3.0 and agents in my 7 node cluster. While setting up the CDH 6.3.1 installation, i'm stuck at setup database step, where the test connection is running for more than 2 hours, with only info found in Cloudera manager log given below.

There is no error or any other information. I can successfully connect to my databases from command line. But CM is unable to verify the connections.

Any help will be appreciated.

2019-12-11 21:48:41,016 INFO scm-web-93:com.cloudera.enterprise.JavaMelodyFacade: Entering HTTP Operation: Method:POST, Path:/dbTestConn/testConnection
2019-12-11 21:48:41,036 INFO scm-web-93:com.cloudera.enterprise.JavaMelodyFacade: Exiting HTTP Operation: Method:POST, Path:/dbTestConn/testConnection, Status:200
2019-12-11 21:48:43,071 INFO scm-web-93:com.cloudera.enterprise.JavaMelodyFacade: Entering HTTP Operation: Method:POST, Path:/dbTestConn/checkConnectionResult
2019-12-11 21:48:43,081 INFO scm-web-93:com.cloudera.enterprise.JavaMelodyFacade: Exiting HTTP Operation: Method:POST, Path:/dbTestConn/checkConnectionResult, Status:200

db-setup-test.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Master Mentor

@pauljoshiva 

I was reading the following doc:  https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cm_631_known_issues.htm...

Which says "Many Cloudera Manager wizards, including Installation wizards and Add Service/Role wizards, cannot be completed when using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11.x. To work around the issue, use another supported browser. 

Can you try with a slightly different browser to see if it works.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Guru

@pauljoshiva ,

What browser are you using? Are you using IE?

Thanks,
Li

Li Wang, Technical Solution Manager

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.
If you find a reply useful, say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up button.

Learn more about the Cloudera Community:

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

Contributor

Yes i'm using IE

Master Mentor

@pauljoshiva 

I was reading the following doc:  https://docs.cloudera.com/documentation/enterprise/6/release-notes/topics/rg_cm_631_known_issues.htm...

Which says "Many Cloudera Manager wizards, including Installation wizards and Add Service/Role wizards, cannot be completed when using Microsoft Internet Explorer version 11.x. To work around the issue, use another supported browser. 

Can you try with a slightly different browser to see if it works.

Guru

Hi @pauljoshiva ,

@jsensharma is right. Please use different browser and it should fix the issue.

Thanks,

Li

Was your question answered? Make sure to mark the answer as the accepted solution.

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum

New Contributor

thanks, it works. i was using IE. 

Tried with firefox, chrome, Edge . all 3 works fine

Guru

Hi @abhagi,

Thanks for confirming this and great to know the issue got resolved! Please mark this thread as resolved when you get a chance.

Cheers,

Li

Terms of Service

Community Guidelines

How to use the forum