Support Questions

Find answers, ask questions, and share your expertise
Announcements
Celebrating as our community reaches 100,000 members! Thank you!

CDP 7.0 vs Cloudera Enterprise 6.3

Rising Star

Hi May I know what is the difference between CDP 7.0 product and Cloudera Enterprise 6.3? what are the features missing and what are the advantages?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Super Collaborator

Hi @Mondi ,

There are maintenance releases planned for 6.3 i.e. CDH 6.3.x. That means it is planned to do a CDH 6.3.4.

Regards,

Steve

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Super Collaborator

Hi @Mondi ,

CDH 6.3 is the last major version of CDH. CDP is the new distribution from Cloudera which effectively replaces CDH. 

CDP is designed to run on-premises (like CDH) but it is also a cloud-native technology that can be run in the public cloud. CDP is also designed to support hybrid and private cloud architectures. 

There are also some differences in the open-source projects that are supported in each of these distributions. You can compare these with the links below:

1. CDH 6.3.3 Packaging
  2. Cloudera Runtime Data Center7.0.3

If you are starting a new initiative I recommend that you start with CDP as this is the latest generation of technology from Cloudera.

Regards,

Steve 

Rising Star

Hi @StevenOD will Cloudera still release new minor versions for Cloudera Enterprise moving forward? or 6.3.3 is the last one for minor release?

Super Collaborator

Hi @Mondi ,

There are maintenance releases planned for 6.3 i.e. CDH 6.3.x. That means it is planned to do a CDH 6.3.4.

Regards,

Steve